Stavanger Bay everyone, step aside; this is the last warning
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
The return of his stutter irritated her, though she still quirked an ear to catch every trembling word that tumbled from his mouth. When he got caught up in whatever he was trying to say, restlessness displaced her patience, and she wrapped her forelegs more firmly around his broad neck and held on tight.

"Stop that," she snapped, gnawing a bit more harshly than usual on his already scar-ridden ear. "You told me that you chose me, and I have already chosen you. I have only asked Skellige's permission to ensure the status quo. It'll be the same as we've always been."

By the end of her speech, irritation had fully faded, and her tone had grown soft and wheedling. Though her words were true, in practice, she knew that things would certainly be different if - when - Szymon became her mate. Perhaps not through any change in routine, but through changes that were already beginning in her heart. And, although she was a vain creature, and trusted wholly in his affection for her, Doe knew that a certain worried unrest in her soul would be soothed when they said the Vows to each other. He would not dare leave her behind, then. Could never be taken away. They would be fully bonded, and not even the sea could truly tear him away.

But she said none of this to Szymon, determined not to add any more weight to his burden; her love was already quite overwrought.

Releasing his ear and giving it a few gentle licks, she began to hum a tune her aunt had taught her. Straight on til Morning had known all the words, but Doe remembered few and far between. The tune, though, was as sweet as ever, and the meaning of the song sang through them without need to be spoken aloud.
Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone, step aside; this is the last warning - by Doe - August 03, 2016, 09:03 AM