Blacktail Deer Plateau And your soul turned black as the sun grows somber
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Her words warmed him and he managed a small smile. "I'm sure you have other friends, Willow," he argued amiably, "but I'm glad I count among them. And I'm glad to consider you mine." He paused. "Now just tell me if I'm getting too personal. It's just that I really need to hash this out with an objective third party. Before she left, Osprey told me that only Hawkeye and I can sort it out and I know that. Still, I don't want to make any stupid decisions and I figure it can't hurt to get some outside perspectives from a trusted source." He paused again. "Right?"

The Alpha male steadied himself with a deep breath, then spoke after a moment of gathering his thoughts. "I think I've fallen out of love with Hawkeye. I actually think we've fallen out of love with each other but I can't speak for her." He swallowed and looked sideways, into the forest, as he continued speaking. "Since the pups were born, we haven't been close. We've grown further and further apart. By the time I really caught onto what was happening, it was already too late. At least, it feels that way. We still can't seem to catch a moment alone and, honestly, I've begun to stop caring or trying," he admitted, his jaw muscles tightening.

Finally dragging his eyes back to the Healer, he said, "If it wasn't for the kids, well... we probably wouldn't be in this predicament, would we?" He laughed very dryly. "But, if not for them, I'd probably just walk away and move on. But we have a family now and I can't just drop a bomb in the middle of it, can I? So should I just... grin and bear it? Stay with her for the kids?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: And your soul turned black as the sun grows somber - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 21, 2014, 12:37 PM