Sleeping Dragon red: the color of desire
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Hearing of Freyja's ambitions to lead warmed Gyda's heart greatly. It may not have been in the name of her own Nordic culture but that did not bother the shield-maiden in the slightest. So long as one of her children aspired for leadership then her legacy would continue through them. It was in Freyja's blood and though Gyda did not know if her daughter considered her fate in the same way: it was her destiny. She had been named after the Queen Goddess, after all. Odin's wife and the true queen of the valkyries. β€œThen I will do all that I can to see you there, Freyja.” Gyda promised her eldest child with a wavering tone of pride and swell of emotion in her accented voice. She would do what it took to see that her daughter's aspirations were achieved and that she would go unchallenged. She did not have the power she had once held but the shield-maiden would fight β€” to her very death if that was what it took β€” to see Freyja (and all of her children, of course!) succeed.

β€œI do not know much about Heda and your father's culture,” As it was not her own, but it had it's similarities and also it's stark differences. Surely, though, Thuringwethil had Freyja covered in that area. β€œbut if you think it will help you I can teach you how I ruled Odinn's Cove and how your grandfather, Ragnar β€” the bravest and fiercest of warriors and Jarl's β€” ruled.” By extension her rule was modeled greatly after his. β€œIf that is what you wish. I was not in power long here. I chose to step down after I gave birth to you and your sisters and brother.” Gyda gave a soft, affectionate hum. She could look back on the struggle of bearing them and the pain of labor with fondness now. They had undoubtedly been worth every moment of it. Surely, this, too Freyja already knew. Thuringwethil had not allowed her Drageda to forget Gyda's once role, the part she played in it's creation and for that the shield-maiden was grateful. But Gyda's story was far from over and she had faith that the Gods had written her a good one. Her future was already decided but to her it still remained vastly unknown with endless possibilities.
[/td][/tr][/table]
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
red: the color of desire - by Freyja - October 24, 2016, 04:55 PM
RE: red: the colour of desire - by Gyda - October 25, 2016, 04:15 PM
RE: red: the colour of desire - by Freyja - October 25, 2016, 04:55 PM
RE: red: the color of desire - by Gyda - October 26, 2016, 02:54 PM
RE: red: the color of desire - by Freyja - October 26, 2016, 06:26 PM
RE: red: the color of desire - by Gyda - October 29, 2016, 04:08 AM
RE: red: the color of desire - by Freyja - October 29, 2016, 11:09 AM
RE: red: the color of desire - by Gyda - October 29, 2016, 04:45 PM