Sunbeam Lair you are a language i am no longer fluent in but still remember how to read
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I am putting this at eight days after the birth because you didn’t say that I couldn’t earlier today !!

Since he’d left several days prior, Asterr had found herself tasked with the responsibility of both hunting for herself and looking after the girls. She’d struggled through it, but couldn’t deny the fact that it was tiring. It left her with little time to collect the necessary herbs and assess the health of the forest, but she’d slid by. She knew not for how long he’d be away, or if he’d ever return. All she could picture were the faces of all those that had left before him, and it filled her with an uneasy feeling. She’d thought to look for him, but knew that she couldn’t, not with the hatchlings being so young still. Her options were limited, and so she’d waited, but she knew not for what exactly. To see him again, perhaps, or to hear from someone else that they’d seen him fleeing in the opposite direction. Honestly, she didn’t know which scenario was more likely to occur.

Across the ground had she been sprawled out, keeping her daughters content until they’d all dozed off. Seeing an opportunity, she’d scooted them all together and then departed from the den, stretching her limbs as she crossed the threshold—which was where she’d then frozen in place, her gaze having found itself placed upon a familiar face. Shock was a feeling that she knew for certain she was experiencing, but everything else was a mystery. There was nothing negative, as far as she could tell, aside from uncertainty. After pushing it away, she’d proceeded to take several steps forward, then stopped again to watch him.

“You are back?” what was meant to be a statement had ended up being a question, as she’d realized she didn’t know what his intentions were. Would he stay or leave again? She could not yet understand exactly what had gone wrong, but she’d become aware enough to realize that she could not blame him for whatever choice he made.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”