Ravensblood Forest eden.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo listened to her choked words in silence, cold and ...unmoved. The gangster would never have uprooted himself from Teaghlaigh for any one of his children even if he'd have thought they were dead, but then again letting go was something he was good at. His children had scattered to the four winds, none of them, he was sure, lingered any longer in the Teekon but he had not lain Teaghlaigh to abandon to follow them. He wouldn't. But he was not necessarily clingy, either. His children would always be part of Teaghlaigh but he would never abandon The Family. He trusted he raised them well enough to fend for themselves. Yet, to him, it seemed that Aster was like a small child, the way she explained it. She needed this ...Eden in ways that she, as a grown adult, sworn to a pack that was more than a pack should have. “So,” He began, licking his jowls expelling a harsh breath of air. “Your first thought was to turn your back on Teaghlaigh to go be with her? You didn't think about coming to discuss this with me? Or The Family? It didn't occur to you that if you just asked me I would have let you visit, I would have let be present for her birth? Your first duty should be to Teaghlaigh. The Family before Everything Else. You know this.”

“How do you call Teaghlaigh your home and your Family when you are so ready to leave us for another? With no intentions to even discuss your options?” She had gone about it all wrong, in his personal opinion. “You're apart of The Family, Aster. You're not a Comhlach. Your choices affect The Family as a whole, not just you.” He took a step forward, his tail arching over his back and his lips curling back from his teeth in a low growl. Though she had not necessarily done anything to compromise The Family he couldn't help that he felt ...betrayed. He'd taken her in, made her apart of The Family and not even a full week after their claim she was leaving them. Without consulting him first, without trying to work out anything. She just told him. "Your past is your past Aster and you have to let it go. Teaghlaigh is your future. You have us," but he got the feeling that his words would meet with the resistence of a brick wall. “You should have talked to me,” But she had already made up her mind and that was the problem. “If you leave us, Aster, I cannot guarantee that The Family will welcome you back.” He had always believed firmly that once apart of The Family always apart of it but he was not so sure how this reincarnation of Teaghlaigh would take Aster's so sudden departure from their fledgling pack; and they would know of it, of course. They would know and they would vote because maybe he was taking things much more personally then they needed to be and maybe it was a little bit of sleep deprivation preventing him from looking at it in his usual calm and collected manner. Perhaps they would assure him that she would always be welcomed back as per Family tradition ...or maybe they would not. He couldn't say. In the end, the majority would have the vote and he wouldn't know until the meeting took place.
[/tr][/td][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
eden. - by Estelle - November 02, 2016, 05:53 PM
RE: eden. - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 06:02 PM
RE: eden. - by Estelle - November 02, 2016, 06:08 PM
RE: eden. - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 06:24 PM
RE: eden. - by Estelle - November 02, 2016, 06:35 PM
RE: eden. - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 07:01 PM
RE: eden. - by Estelle - November 02, 2016, 07:13 PM