Ravensblood Forest and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
I'm going to leave this open for anyone that wants to tack on an ending reply but it's not necessary! <3 I'll archive it on December 26th.

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Isley took the floor and offered them her knowledge. Arturo did his best to pay attention but the names of her plants seemed to go in one ear and out the other. There was a small rush of adrenaline as he thought very briefly of Riptide before he banished the parasite from his thoughts, still afraid that he might be summoned to conquer his conscious if he dwell upon him though it had been many months since Arturo had felt the parasite's influence. Still, Arturo did not deign to forget lest ignorance summon the witch doctor from the depths of his subconscious once more. Arturo watched as Palisander rose and departed, inquiring for a moment. The male came back and placed something at Arturo's paws.

Arturo's gaze lowered to it to inspect it. It was a beautiful thing, opalescent, and milky with stunning shades of blue, as if it captured a star within it's center and it burned from within it's stone prison; as if to prove to himself how utterly smitten he was with the Donnelaith mummer he thought instantly of her eyes as he gazed upon the stone, and his breath caught in his throat for the briefest of seconds. His gaze flickered from the stone that reminded him of his nightingale's eyes to focus back on Palisander as the male explained that he and Olive believed it to have healing properties and that it was a gift. To him.

His gaze moved then to Olive as she spoke to him. “Thank you, both of you. It is very beautiful,” And they would never know just how much the small gem meant to him. Both as a gift and because of whom it reminded him of. Arturo struggled for a moment. Expressing emotions wasn't anything he was very good at. “I will keep it safe.” He settled for instead, offering them a dip of his head in gratitude and promise. “If no one has anything else to add to the meeting then I think we've made good progress. I will set out for Donnelaith when I can to conclude the deal with Deirdre.” He concluded with a wag of his tail. They got a good bit accomplished as a Family today and his pride for them was insurmountable.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution - by Arturo - December 10, 2016, 08:30 AM