Sun Mote Copse the silver knife
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The days flew by so quickly! She soaked up every moment in the den, emersed herself in the small dark world that was filled with only her and the pups, and the occasional visitor. She allowed Ar-Khalba and Eshamun to visit as they pleased, others were not so openly welcomed, or outright dismissed. Yet when the Ekar-Aji came to her den this day, Asherah knew this time was different. The tone of voice was enough to tell her, and she felt a sudden dread rise in her belly. She had not been expecting this emotion, this sudden fear and panic. She had made her peace with Bachir's life, with his purpose...or so she had thought.

She met Eshamun's gaze as a deer staring down a predator but she soon gathered herself, spoke a quiet prayer, and turned to her children. She nuzzled them all, softly rubbing her face over their backs so that she could touch all three at once. She did this many times, to cement the feeling in her mind. Her tears wet the downy fluff of the pups before she realize she was crying. She did not sob, but the tears came all the same. After another moment of her caresses, she pulled Bachir from his siblings and set him apart. She sank to her belly and ran her nose over the length of him. She groomed him carefully, inhaled his scent deep into herself so that he might always be apart of her.

"You are sent from Molech, my sweet Bachir. You a savior to your siblings and they shall not go a day without knowing your name, without thanking you in their prayers. You save them even as you condemn them to live this life of pain. You are saved, saved by Molech my darling wonderful boy. You have made me so proud, and I will be so proud and so thankful of you, for you, for all my days." She kissed his cheeks, his head and his back. And finally then, with her face dry of tears she stood back and allowed Eshamun to lift her son.

She followed with her head high, with the pride that she had just spoken to Eshamun of. As she left she caught sight of Ar-Khalba and her resolve wavered for a moment. She regained herself and without speaking, asked him to mind the others. To love them, and keep them warm while she was gone. She doubted he wanted to see another child of his be sacrificed, and it was an honor to be trusted alone with the children so young. "Go to them, please."

Once they reached the river, Eshamun placed Bachir on the ground. Asherah sat beside her sister, eyes focused on the waters. They were so cold right now, she realized. Perhaps it would make the passing easier. She averted her gaze and tried not to think on it much more. Giana arrived, sitting soberly with her large belly. Asherah dipped her head in silent thanks to the woman for being here.

Messages In This Thread
the silver knife - by Eshamun - December 20, 2016, 05:37 PM
RE: the silver knife - by Giana - December 20, 2016, 06:23 PM
RE: the silver knife - by Asherah - December 20, 2016, 06:44 PM
RE: the silver knife - by Eshamun - December 30, 2016, 08:23 PM