Sequoia Coast tell me how it is being the sun
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
There was one good thing about the cold: food. It was - more often than not - frozen around the edges by the time the Akhlut got to it, but it was better than wading into the freezing surf for their meals. Occassionally, the Wickedness saw fit to send old carcasses to shore, and by this, Doe knew that they were forgiven for keeping clear of the icy waves. Just when she'd thought they could not keep up their harsh lifestyle on the shore for much longer, the weather seemed to provide them with hearty - if not slightly frozen - meals.

Today she was out searching for frozen dinners, shivering in the cold but holding on to the thought of a warm den to keep her going. The sooner she found something to feed the kids, the sooner she could get home. Her ears were high and alert, listening for Szymon's voice on the wind. He was out searching as well, but they'd split up to cover more ground.

A soft sound made Doe's head twist around, and her eyes narrowed as they fell on a speck of black in the distance. She was running before she'd fully processed what she hoped she was seeing, and had reached the shivering girl before the name finally pierced through her. "Qilaq," Doe said, unable to believe what she was seeing, smelling. But it was her lost child before her, shivering in the snow. "Qilaq," she repeated, curling her body around her daughter's and covering every inch of her in joyful, desperate kisses. "Szymon!" she screamed, her head twisting as if to look around for her mate, but her eyes remaining glued on Qilaq's face. "Szymon!" She howled, come quickly, and stared at the little black girl - almost grown, now. If not for the subtle changes, Doe might've wondered if it was a dream, if it was a trick of her mind. Even now, she doubted herself, and her voice fell soft and fearful off of her tongue.

"Is it really you?"
Messages In This Thread
tell me how it is being the sun - by Qilaq - January 14, 2017, 10:28 PM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Doe - January 14, 2017, 10:49 PM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Szymon - January 14, 2017, 11:15 PM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Qilaq - January 14, 2017, 11:42 PM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Doe - January 15, 2017, 12:41 AM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Szymon - January 15, 2017, 08:44 PM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Qilaq - January 16, 2017, 08:32 PM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Doe - January 22, 2017, 06:43 PM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Szymon - January 23, 2017, 07:45 PM
RE: tell me how it is being the sun - by Qilaq - January 28, 2017, 01:48 PM