Silver Creek Baby it’s cold outside
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
She seemed a little amused at all that he said, and at first he wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. Then, just as quickly as he had unloaded on her, she began to answer. He smiled and dipped his head in comment to the meat. He agreed with her sentiments about the cold and reached out to touch her with his nose in reassurance. It was scary, but they could survive, they'd just need to be careful. 

It wasn't until her next words that he felt his anxiety melt from his shoulders. He grinned foolishly, nodding, unsure why he had worried in the first place. The confirmed verbal status made him feel better though. Her den was a tad small for both of them, and the idea of finding a new one they could both easily fit in was something that excited him. Unless they found one already dug, though, he'd doubt they could make the move anytime soon. The ground was going to be harder than the elk. He perked at the bit about his elk tail, because of course he'd need to bring that. It was the only bit of decoration he had.

"I'm glad. I just...we hadn't really said anything about it and I got all in my head over it. It's...it's good to hear you say it, though, Spring." He stepped forward to nuzzle her, missing the nervous glance. His tail waved behind him happily. She began to speak again and he stepped back, confused by the nervous tone of her voice. Apparently he hadn't addressed her important issue. He nodded with her, eyes concerned as he watched her face. Whatever could be upsetting her now?

She took a deep breath and finally said what was bothering her. The words flew into his ears and for a moment he sat, same expression of concern, frozen in shock. Pregnant. Children. Finally, he moved, his eyes trailed to her stomach but he couldn't see any signs of anything. His mouth gaped open, gasping at the air like a fish. Pregnant. Pups. He met her gaze again, shook his head to try and clear away the shock. "Pregnant." He managed, the shock clear in his voice. "With pups." He felt tendrils of terror sweeping into his body as his mind whirled into a new panic. What kind of father would he be? He knew nothing about children. What if he messed them up and they hated him? What if he messed up and he killed them somehow? 

He forced himself not to think about that, not now, with Spring staring at him fearfully. She was worried he'd run off like Zander. "Oh, Spring. That's wonderful news, really." He stepped forward to nuzzle her again. "Really, it is. I'm...I'm utterly terrified but...children, oh wow." He wasn't going to lie to her about his feelings, but his fear wasn't going to make him run off. "I've never done this before, you know, the children." She knew that of course. "Oh, wow, that's the most terrifying and exciting news I've ever heard."

And he was excited. Beneath the intial fear there were thoughts of children that looked like him, or Spring, tumbling after him. Of wrestling and playing and doting on them. It was a strange mixture, but he thought that perhaps if you weren't a little fearful at the idea of your first litter then maybe you were insane. "How do you know?" His tail waved a little behind him, and he rubbed his face against her neck. When he pulled away he glanced to her belly again. "Does it feel alright, healthy and everything?" She'd had a litter before, so there was that. She knew what to expect. The idea of her daughter, Hazel, dampened him some. He wouldn't let his own children end up that way. They'd survive, he'd die to make sure they did.
Messages In This Thread
Baby it’s cold outside - by Spring - January 11, 2017, 11:57 PM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Heston - January 13, 2017, 04:35 PM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Spring - January 14, 2017, 01:28 PM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Heston - January 14, 2017, 11:06 PM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Spring - January 14, 2017, 11:52 PM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Heston - January 15, 2017, 11:08 AM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Spring - January 15, 2017, 10:44 PM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Heston - January 16, 2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Spring - January 20, 2017, 01:03 AM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Heston - January 20, 2017, 08:07 PM
RE: Baby it’s cold outside - by Spring - January 21, 2017, 05:31 PM