Stone Circle Brother, bring me home
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He gave a quick breath of air, shaking his head. Nope, not even a bother then, he said, firmly believing that. We do things for family, we put ourselves out for others. That's how we show we care, he said, giving her a smile. He really was happy that she was back, and he couldn't care less at what time of the day she had arrived back. 

His smile faltered a little when he realized she didn't know the backstory. Well, they aren't ours biologically. Althaia, their mother, came here with them when they were young, along with a third pup. Not long after, she was found murdered on our borders, and Witchhazel had gone missing from that same spot, he said softly. So, Valette and I decided to raise them as our own. He feared the worst, that Witch had been taken elsewhere and killed. But, a part of him still held the hope that she was out there, somewhere, living. 

He understood Krypton's apprehension about Mara Susi's return, and the question of her loyalty. No, I'm not certain she won't leave again, he admitted. But... I guess I thought I'd give her one last chance. And the last it would be. If she left again, she could give all the excuses she could muster, but he would not allow her into the family again. 

He shook his head quickly side to side. You had already earned your place in the family, and I understood why you were leaving, even if I felt a little betrayed that you were going to leave without saying anything, he said honestly, but there was no accusation in his voice. She left without saying a word, and then when I put my neck out to Zaria to get her back in, it was not a few weeks before she was gone again. They're completely different situations, and I hope you don't compare them, because I don't. Krypton was not on trial here. She had left, yes, but with the promise to return, and she had. For Steady, that was enough to let himself let it go and move forward.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Brother, bring me home - by RIP Krypton - December 28, 2016, 06:25 PM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by Steady - January 02, 2017, 09:34 PM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by RIP Krypton - January 08, 2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by Steady - January 10, 2017, 10:34 AM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by RIP Krypton - January 14, 2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by Steady - January 18, 2017, 11:19 PM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by RIP Krypton - January 22, 2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by Steady - January 26, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by RIP Krypton - February 01, 2017, 11:30 PM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by Steady - February 15, 2017, 08:46 AM
RE: Brother, bring me home - by RIP Krypton - February 20, 2017, 03:26 PM