Sunbeam Lair The weather outside is frightful
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
"Of battle?" she asked incredulously a slightly impressed tone in her voice. After a moments hesitation she nodded her agreement "Alright. This is a true story." she said. She would tell of her unintentional betrayal of her home pack, and how it resulted in the death of those she cared for.

"Not too long ago in a land a great journey away there lived a small pack. Though they had only seven members in total they were left alone, for everyone knew that they were fierce warriors. The alpha pair had three children that they loved dearly although one was not their own child. The middle child was a intelligent girl with a passion for nature and helping others, and she grew into a woman that was admired and desired by many. One day she was out when she met what seemed like a lone male, and she tried to frighten him away with her sharp fangs."

While telling the story she got a glazed look in her eye, the memories bringing many strong emotions. She took a slow breath so that her voice wouldn't crack during the story.

"He took her display with silence and when she finished he lowered himself into a submissive posture. "I am Darius Forbjorn. I seek shelter and a place to rest my head. Surely such a beauty as yourself couldn't be so cruel as to turn me away." the girl balked at this display of submission, but caught the flash of cunning that showed in his eyes. She couldn't help but be flattered by his compliment she was so young and had never payed attention to men. " I cannot let you join my pack, but let me show you a place not too far away." she said and nudged him to his paws. She led him to a cave not far from the territory but enough distance away to keep him hidden."

"Once there she led him inside and sat down "I will help you hunt, but if I see you near my borders you will be met with hostility" she dipped her head to him and turned to leave. Suddenly she felt a paw on her rear "please don't go yet. I've been so lonely" the words brought out her sympathy and she turned around. That was the beginning of their friendship and eventual courting."

Now about to hit the toughest part of her story she gave a shaky exhale and cleared her throat to continue "about a year in the future she was deeply in love, so in love that she trusted him with everything. She told of her pack and the land, of how her parents were the alphas. She never saw anything other than love in him, and never grew suspicious of his intentions. When back at camp on a day so cloudy that there was barely any light, a bowl summoned them to war. Someone wanted to challenge them for their land."

"The pack erupted into chaos, everyone forming a line and charging to the borders with snarls and growls. The girl was in the battle charge, but her mind was somewhere else. She wanted to see Darius once more in case she died.snapping back to the moment at hand she stood beside her parents and siblings, and stared at the opposing wolves. What she didn't expect was for Darius to be front and center of the crowd. "What..are you doing?" she breathed out in complete disbelief and horror. He couldn't be doing what she thought he was, it wasn't possible. "You are a fool my dear. Trusting a stranger with such important information. Now I will take your home from you and make you my slave" the woman felt broken. Like her heart had shattered into thousands of tiny shards that pierced her insides. She lifted her muzzle defiantly and let loose a shrieking cry, accepting the battle and commanding her pack to fight."

Avannon eyes watered but she forced them dry, blinking a couple of times to clear them. Looking at both hadraniel and Airi she continued her story her tone taking on a seriousness that she hardly ever used. 

"Her parents ran forward first, taking down the two wolves by Darius's side and fighting with them. Her siblings went for the back row, and with an enraged about the woman went for Darius. He snapped her jaws into her face but she returned it, there jaws crashing together painfully as they fought for the first injury. She managed to swipe his forelegs from beneath him, and shoved him to the ground her claws scratching at the mouth that had uttered such sweet lies to her. She felt nothing as her claws tore into his lips and gumbs, felt nothing as she bit at his eyes and nose. She had caused several bloody injuries when she was knocked off of him, a fiery pain shooting through her as fangs sank into her scruff. She was pinned down and almost had her throat torn when she heard Darius speak "leave her. Male her watch as her family dies." his tone held none of the flirtatiousness or warmth she had grown to love. The screams and yelps of her family and Darius's own wolves filled her mind, it seemed to go on forever."

Avannon closed her eyes and gritted her teeth "finally it ended with only her and her siblings alive. She was let up and given a choice by Darius "I no longer want anything to do with you. If you stay I force your siblings to be my slaves, if you choose to go I'll let them leave with no further injuries as long as they don't return." the choice made no sense to her. Did he think she would want to stay after all this slaughter? She shook her head uttering a high pitched chuckle " I'm leaving. You can have the land." she said emotionless and turned to her siblings "let's go". She said and began to walk away. They followed but decided to part ways only days after, leaving the woman to herself."

Avannon finished the story as casually as possible and looked at Audi "I'm sure that wasn't as violent as you wished, but that is all I have." she said and waited for a comment on the story that was her own history. Avannon herself was that woman, the fool who trusted a rouge without gaining any information on him first. The imbecile who caused her family's death.
Messages In This Thread
The weather outside is frightful - by Avannon - January 19, 2017, 12:02 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Hadraniel - January 20, 2017, 08:44 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Airi - January 20, 2017, 09:32 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Avannon - January 20, 2017, 11:43 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Hadraniel - January 20, 2017, 12:22 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Airi - January 22, 2017, 05:56 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Avannon - January 22, 2017, 08:01 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Hadraniel - January 22, 2017, 08:49 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Airi - January 24, 2017, 12:42 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Avannon - January 24, 2017, 02:24 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Hadraniel - January 24, 2017, 11:00 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Airi - January 24, 2017, 01:37 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Avannon - January 24, 2017, 02:18 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Hadraniel - January 25, 2017, 10:56 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Airi - February 03, 2017, 12:22 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Avannon - February 06, 2017, 03:27 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Hadraniel - February 11, 2017, 04:25 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Airi - February 11, 2017, 10:35 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Avannon - February 16, 2017, 09:25 PM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Airi - February 27, 2017, 12:39 AM
RE: The weather outside is frightful - by Avannon - February 27, 2017, 10:25 PM