Sequoia Coast i tried to read the stars
42 Posts
Ooc — Java
[table width=80%][tr][td]
Her own words did not have the intended affect upon the woman. While a stranger to the language might balk at it, be confused for a minute and perhaps depart, this one understood. Knowing this — and then having her suspicions confirmed when the stranger replied in their shared tongue — immediately made Hemithea feel a wave of emotions.

Chief among them was glee, for she hadn't been around another of her kind in such a long time; but it was tempered by unease, by worry, and a vague sense of fear. This girl was probably so far removed from Themiscrya at his point (being so far from the homeland of the Nereides) that she was unaffiliated with the branch Hemithea came from — but she was still nervous.

I— Hemithea spoke, hushed and still recovering from the surprise of finding a sister. She didn't know what to say and fell quiet just as she began; then, gathering her courage and wit, she tried to come up with an acceptable answer that would not lead to further questions: I wish to be a priestess, so I dispersed from Themiscrya to commune with our Mother on my own.

The strength of the Nereides lay in their numbers, and was reliant upon a network of sisters; to leave that behind might've seemed odd, but Hemithea hoped she would not be questioned. She was at the prime age where many went on excursions away from the sea and she hoped, perhaps in vain, that the stranger would leave it at that.

And what of you? Hemithea queried after the moment began to go stale — Do you live upon this coast?

[/tr][/td][/table]
Messages In This Thread
i tried to read the stars - by Kalika - February 04, 2017, 06:32 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by RIP Hemitheia - February 04, 2017, 11:45 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by Kalika - February 05, 2017, 02:23 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by RIP Hemitheia - February 06, 2017, 04:56 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by Kalika - February 09, 2017, 09:05 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by RIP Hemitheia - February 11, 2017, 02:01 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by Kalika - February 11, 2017, 02:06 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by RIP Hemitheia - February 12, 2017, 03:43 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by Kalika - February 12, 2017, 09:40 PM
RE: i tried to read the stars - by RIP Hemitheia - March 01, 2017, 10:43 PM