Blackwater Islands all this time, i've been waiting for you
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Of all the Sisters, Akantha enjoyed the company of Galateia the most. She was not prone to pick favorites, and any fondness for the pearl nymph was withheld behind the walls of her neutral facade, but the emotion she felt in the presence of the sea's chosen was an undeniable comfort in contrast the torrent of thoughts that raced through her mind on any given hour. Because of her weakness from her Mothers' trials, the Matriarch had spent a great deal of time with her until she gained strength enough to leave the caverns on Ankyra and join them on Soteria.

Today found them walking beneath the mossy boughs of the Thistlewood. Akantha supported the smaller woman's weight with ease. It was a rare thing, indeed, for the Amazon to accept any touch from even her dearest Sisters. Her naturally combatative nature prevented her from gleaning any pleasure from physical contact, but the moments Galateia required additional assistance she was there—a shadow and a protector. 

When Galateia parted her side again, Akantha waited patiently by for the girl to root out what her nose sought. She watched as the emaciated girl moved, noting how fluid and sure of herself she was despite the weakness in her musculature, and wondered just what sort of Sisters would be born from her womb. In that same beat, she wondered just how she might look in full splendor; cloaked in the fathomless gown of the Sea and crowned by Moonlight.

The exclaimation of joy drew her from her mind and her attention focused on the shining emeralds that peered back into her own woodsy hazel. A smile curved across her muzzle and she approached to inspect the plant that Galateia motioned to, "and you eat it straight off the stalk?" She asked, feeling as if this knowledge she shared was both a gift, and a lesson. The Matriarch had not found herself in the shadow of a teacher in many years, but felt just as keen as she did when she was but a child.
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
Messages In This Thread
all this time, i've been waiting for you - by Deirdre - March 06, 2017, 05:02 PM
RE: all this time, i've been waiting for you - by Akantha - March 08, 2017, 05:43 PM