Ravensblood Forest you found me and i found you
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
“She assured me she was ready, but I should have not been so haste to believe her,” He speaks his thoughts aloud, glad that he is not the only one that has come to that conclusion. “She wishes to be a free bird then she will have it but not in the rank of Heir. She will not be happy but I do not think she is or was ready for the responsibilities of her position.” Not while she defied him. Not while she disobeyed him in front of his wolves. She was not Ceannasach and Arturo was not just her father. If she did not learn what disobedience costs from Dakarai and Olive then she might be the next risking the life of The Family. She can be a free bird but she has to know where her limits are when she pushes him. She needs to learn what it means to be a subordinate before she can ever hope of being a leader or else she would never understand. In his desire to give her everything he felt she deserved Arturo acknowledges that he has given Chusi too much.

“As am I, nightingale,” The gangster murmurs to his queen, nuzzling his muzzle against her neck. Not that he expected anything to change. He loves her. He will love her after her heat cycles, when she is round with his children, when she is old and grey. He will love her in this lifetime and into the lifetimes that came after. Their conversation switched back to Chusi, though and Arturo listens dutifully to his wife’s word, agreeing to them. Arturo has made his stance on mountains very clear to Chusi and though he thinks he explained why he detests them to her he does not remember ever confessing it to Lotte. “I think the issue she has gone from child to a position of power without the natural transition from child to subordinate and then to power as heir. She needs to learn what it is to be a subordinate before she can ever hope to be a leader.” Or else none would follow her. He would deal with his daughter’s ire and upset later, though. He waits until Lotte is finished speaking before his own lips part to speak.

“There is a reason I do not like mountains, Lotte,” He tells her grimly, turning away from her to stare ahead, losing himself in the nightmarish flashes of memory that were Riptide. He does not remember what happened while he was Riptide but he remembers the parasite, remembers being two different wolves inside one body. “I fell from Ravenshook Cliffs. Any higher and it would have killed me but on my tumble down I hit my head,” He does not like speaking of it. His body tenses as if he prepares for the internal war that he has tried to forget. He does not think nor speak of Riptide for fear that the parasite would return. “While my mind healed I developed a…second personality a…parasite, I suppose you could it. He called himself Riptide. I have no memories of what was done when I was him,” And if there was one thing that terrified Arturo it was not being in control. Something he was inertly meticulous about. “It is almost a year since I have been the parasite but I fear that speaking of him, thinking of him might trigger his return.” It a demon that Arturo has to live with on a daily basis. Keeping his mind busy helps, but the doubt that he is truly gone always lingers, somewhere.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
you found me and i found you - by Arturo - February 22, 2017, 07:17 PM
RE: you found me and i found you - by Lotte - February 24, 2017, 12:01 PM
RE: you found me and i found you - by Arturo - February 25, 2017, 06:08 AM
RE: you found me and i found you - by Lotte - March 03, 2017, 10:15 AM
RE: you found me and i found you - by Arturo - March 04, 2017, 06:43 AM
RE: you found me and i found you - by Lotte - March 04, 2017, 08:32 AM
RE: you found me and i found you - by Arturo - March 05, 2017, 05:28 AM