Firefly Glen Sayin' "who are you and where are you from?"
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
Kind was, perhaps, the incorrect word to use. The boy—who she now knew to be called Tryp—was charming. He seemed to speak in the same manner as she did, stumbling here and there, but the words always came out. His smile made her want to look away, cast her gaze downwards and hope that he wouldn’t catch on enough to see her embarrassment. Asterr had never spoken to her or her sisters about boys, nor had any of them—to the middle child’s knowledge, that is—gone out to experience them firsthand. The way the elder wolf spoke, the way he gazed at her, were things that she had never experienced prior to their meeting. It made her nervous, almost dreadfully so, and yet... as their time spent together increased, she found herself easing up and, in some way, even enjoying his being there.

They agreed; the night was marvelous. Tryp’s sentence had not stopped there, however. He continued to speak, delivering yet another compliment that made her eyes widen before she quickly looked away, abashed. “I-I, um...” her voice trailed off, quivering like a leaf in the wind. “You are very... very kind...” She couldn’t look at him, eyes gleaming with discomfiture. There was a small voice in the back of head—her conscious—that insisted she say something back, that she return his benignity with a compliment of her own. This only made her feel even more out of place, her eyes inching along over his body whilst she sought something to compliment him on; it wasn’t that she couldn’t find anything to like about him, it was just that everything she thought to say made her stomach flutter.

Thankfully, she was able to move forward with a new topic, one that was far less humiliating than her admiration of his physique. “Oh! I’m, well...” she fell silent, considering her next words carefully. “I wanted to travel and got lost... but I’m glad that I did! Her words were rushed, not wanting to make the boy seem as if she was unhappy. After a moment of consideration, she decided against telling him about Airi; her elder sister always received the most attention but, even though she loved the young dragoness dearly, Kaori didn’t want to share the male with anyone else. For once, she wanted to be the center of someone’s attention. “If I hadn’t gotten lost, I would not have found this place,” was added a beat later, her eyes downcast whilst a sheepish smile overtook her features. She liked the attention, the compliments, but it was all subconsciously—her conscious self wasn’t quite sure how to feel about it all.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
Sayin' "who are you and where are you from?" - by Kaori - March 27, 2017, 11:03 PM
RE: Sayin' "who are you and where are you from?" - by Kaori - April 01, 2017, 05:24 PM