Wheeling Gull Isle and i will love you until my last breath and beyond
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
witchdoctor cameo!

Witchdoctor gives his very pregnant, fiery wife space. Not his wife but…his. By proxy. But still his. Just as he draws closer to the whelping den to check upon her, the unmistakable scent of a woman about to give birth fills his nostrils and his grip tightens upon the fox hipbone he clutches in his jaws. His ( also by proxy ) children would be about to be born into the world. He has no thoughts or necessarily any feelings towards any of the situations the obviously very busy Arturo left him with. He doesn’t mind the gangster’s children and he doesn’t mind Hemlock …just so long as he’s left to his own devices with his medicines and poisons and his bauble collection. Interestingly enough, there is something about Hemlock that keeps him drawn to her though the Witchdoctor’s attention is known to be, at best, fickle and flighty. The fiery woman tempers the voices, mutes them and the relief is so appreciated that he would play whatever role she wanted him to play so long as she stayed and kept the damned, haunting voices out of his head. Of course, first chance they got ( namely outside of Undersea ) they rushed back like a tsunami. Some days were arguably better than others.

Witchdoctor doesn’t speak, doesn’t dare go into the whelping den itself but he knows that she’ll at least, be able to hear him. Smell him, even. He doubts he’ll be of much comfort to Hemlock and really that is not the Witchdoctor’s intention of being there. He stretches sphinx-like near it’s mouth: a sentry. For better or for worse, they are his and he dutifully will guard the den as possessively and aggressively as he would guard his bauble den. He places the bone on the ground, stations a paw against it to hold it steady and begins to worry it to occupy his mind though his eyes and ears — despite appearing nonchalant ( ears partially laid back and eyes cast downwards on his prize ) — are deceptively alert.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: and i will love you until my last breath and beyond - by Arturo - September 16, 2017, 03:12 AM