Emberwood i: blood for blood
31 Posts
Ooc —
avis has always been far warier than caw is. and even now she does not seem particularly pleased with the situation despite the fact that caw can't figure out why she would not be -- few and far inbetween are the wolves who consider her anything other than decoration on his shoulder. but as the woman backs away just out of reach, her smile a sharp thing familiar for the number of times a similar expression has taken place on caw's own muzzle, avis caws loudly, feathers flaring as she leans down over his scruff. caw's ears twitch; he chirps a quick reassurance in latin that avis is also unimpressed by judging by the claws that fasten themselves into his skin, but he does not look at the crow, just keeps watching.

he follows her with a quick eagerness, and when she continues to step away, he pauses. blinks. moves, slowly, after her, and this time his steps are not so eager as predatory.

that eagerness has faded somewhat -- perhaps because of her own behavior. caw has always been something of a mirror when it comes to people; he finds himself mimicking, unconsciously, the slow flicks of her tail, the purposeful movements as she stretches out. his expression has not quite been a smile, yet, but now anything threatening to become one fades back into measured calmness, though the curiosity is still blatant in the gleam of his eyes. when she speaks again it is not latin, which would be a disappointment if he was not too drawn into the whole situation to bother.

"it matters?" caw questions. avis pointedly jabs her claws deeper into his skin, igniting a sharp flicker of pain that is certainly noticeable but makes him lean forward instead of drawing back. still -- he does not have any real answer to that. 

the next question, though -- "avis speaks," caw says. "crows speak to family! not for you." his lips twitch. "avis does not like you."

it is a mild way to put it. avis snaps her beak, gives him one last warning, and unhooks her talons from his fur, because -- she knows as well as he does that she can't actually stop him from doing anything if he is being particularly stubborn about it. he angles an ear in her direction as she launches off into the air, but he knows her well enough to know that, despite the fact that she is not pleased with him, she will not go far.
Messages In This Thread
i: blood for blood - by Kaali - July 30, 2018, 12:42 AM
RE: i: blood for blood - by Krár - July 30, 2018, 02:19 AM
RE: i: blood for blood - by Kaali - July 30, 2018, 03:05 AM
RE: i: blood for blood - by Krár - July 30, 2018, 01:42 PM
RE: i: blood for blood - by Kaali - July 31, 2018, 10:37 PM
RE: i: blood for blood - by Krár - August 01, 2018, 03:01 PM
RE: i: blood for blood - by Kaali - August 02, 2018, 11:11 PM
RE: i: blood for blood - by Krár - August 04, 2018, 11:39 PM
RE: i: blood for blood - by Kaali - August 12, 2018, 11:58 PM