Blacktail Deer Plateau The road outside my house is paved with good intentions
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He smiled and closed is eyes in response to her soothing affection, but they flicked open when she implied that she didn't feel useful. He furrowed his inky brown in concern at the words, wondering how she could ever feel that way. You're always useful, he said softly against her fur. Guilt settled in his chest as he wondered if she felt that way because of him. Maybe in trying to shield her from his burden he had given her the impression that he didn't need her, but that was the furthest from the truth, and he hoped he could change her mind going forward.

He nodded at her recommendation and his gaze followed her as she uncurled from his side and moved through the darkness and out of their den. The sound of her steps disappeared after a few seconds, and he waited in the deafening silence for her to return. Before too long, he could hear her approach and soon she was placing plants in front of him and returning to his side. He didn't hesitate to pick the herbs up in his mouth and chew them once she finished her directions. The most severe pain had faded with the headache, but he was still left with a dull ache in his skull, and he was eager to find relief. He chewed and swallowed every bit of the plants his mate had placed in front of him, not even caring about the strange taste. 

He moved his nose into her fur gain, closing his eyes and drawing in her scent as he waited for the plants to hopefully provide the relief he so desperately wanted, and after a little while, the pain dulled and he sighed against Liri's soft coat. Thank you. That's much better, he murmured against her neck. Usually, he just endured the left over pain from his episodes; it usually lasted a few hours, but now with his mate's recommendations, he didn't have to suffer, and he was incredibly grateful. He touched his forehead to hers. I hope you know how much I love you, he said. I'm so sorry for causing you pain, he whispered next, afraid reminding her of the incident would harden her to him but feeling he needed to say it.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: The road outside my house is paved with good intentions - by RIP Kavik - October 26, 2018, 10:52 PM