Blackfeather Woods i like irons, but i love fire
319 Posts
Ooc —
He'd been too caught up in reuniting in their grim fashion to notice that something had disfigured Maegi's face before, but now that it was just them, he couldn't help but notice it. It made his belly swoop sickeningly to think of who likely had caused that injury... and what other injuries might have been done that couldn't be so easily seen. Good and bad, he grunted in response. Every good thing that happened to him had happened here, but every bad thing had happened here, too, sans Cicero's death. He ought to have thought less poorly of Vaati. It was through their brother's hard work that they'd even survived their infancy. Their mother and addled uncle certainly hadn't played any part, and Cicero only made himself known when they were past the most dangerous days of their youth. So the memories were bittersweet at best for him.

Maegi's subsequent apology was wholly unexpected. His lids fluttered in an astonished blink, then he drew his whiskers back on his muzzle as his lips pulled into a line. He'd been angry at the time. Not as angry as their brother. Time had tempered that anger into something a little more like worry and discontent. It eased him to know she'd come to no harm... besides the face thing. You didn't miss much, he said with an awkward rolling shrug. Cicero dropped us off at a pack near the southern mountains, and he didn't make it any further than that. Euron and I stayed with them for a bit but they weren't for us, so we left. Wandered a lot. Starved a lot. Found another branch and stayed there for a bit. Thought about coming back. Almost did, he admitted, but we weren't ready. We went our separate ways a while ago in pursuit of different teachings. I don't know where he is now.

His indigo gaze sought hers for a moment before he added, he never forgave you, Maegs. But I... I just felt like we could never mean more to you than this place, but I don't hate you for it. Not anymore, anyway. He'd been more hurt than anything... he hadn't essentially disowned her the way Euron did. What happened to you?
Messages In This Thread
i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 05, 2019, 09:24 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 09, 2019, 09:53 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 09, 2019, 10:15 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 09, 2019, 10:27 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 09, 2019, 10:48 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 09, 2019, 11:10 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 12, 2019, 09:03 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 12, 2019, 09:36 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 12, 2019, 09:45 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 14, 2019, 11:53 AM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 16, 2019, 05:00 PM