Neverwinter Forest You can hide underneath me and come out at night
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Though he had longed to roam the wilderness, he hadn't wanted to do it because someone had gone astray from their proverbial flock. It had been days since @Vela had ventured out to investigate the tremors and when a thorough search of the slopes and forests out from the pack hadn't turned up much of a trace to her whereabouts, they had spread out. Today took them north, out towards the not so distant peaks and sway of earth, and he had set his sights on the density of evergreens and how they nestled against the tall jut of the mountain.

There were traces of others there, though difficult to discern the new from old; the weathered trails of history remained, still trodden even now, and Dirge navigated them with ease. He was far from alone in the woods though, knowing that @Hydra and @Arcturus wandered their own trails, and they spread like a fan through the hazy woodland. Yet when her pitch dark brother had sprang off at once, Dirge moved to follow him, and Hydra brought up the end just as sure and swift.

The scene unfolded soon from there, and he set his eyes on an unusual sight, though maybe not so much given the circumstances. First they were on the children and their prize, but then on the yearling at the helm of things with an utterance and lobbed replies.

He felt the sharp nip of Hydra at his flank, an urging, and turned to meet her gaze; these must have been the children that @Vercingetorix had in tow. By the time his gaze snapped back, he had lost sight of Arcturus in the shade from their vantage point, and moved to follow and break into the tense situation. What were they doing, out here? He would find an answer later, and settled his gaze sharply on the silvery cut of the yearling's face.

"They're with us," he provided, certain the presence their trio brought would dissuade a further deterioration. Or not. "Surely you're above stealing food from children." He disregarded the claim, thinking it false.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You can hide underneath me and come out at night - by Dirge - October 09, 2019, 09:54 AM