Blacktail Deer Plateau I am no upstart demon, scrabbling in the dirt of the soul.
163 Posts
Ooc —
For once, Nieve was at a loss for anything optimistic to say. It wasn't that Reyes' negativity was weighing on her. She could easily buoy herself out of any amount of negativity by trying to turn it more positive. No, it was more that he had a very good point and she hadn't considered it. The ocean was crazy right now. If only an insane ocean would take Rosalyn on, then who was to say it hadn't already done that?

No, she couldn't think that way. Nieve had to believe that mom was okay, just like she had to believe that Scarab was okay, and Marisol. It did them no good to wallow in the what ifs. I know she's okay, Nieve reassurred him. I can feel it. It was a bit of a lie, but it was one she hoped would make him feel better. Wouldn't they have felt something, some cliche sense of dread or wrongness, if Rosalyn or Scarab or Marisol had come to harm?

Wasn't that the interminable bond of family?

They were fast approaching the plateau's edge and the towpaths leading down to the river and the forest. Nieve sought to jostle a shoulder against Reyes' and asked, you wanna lead the way, or do you want me to?
and i've found that in every man there's a child