Greatwater Lake i was just an only child of the universe, and then i found you
May we stay lost on our way home.
63 Posts
Ooc —
Hearing the pain in his voice is almost as difficult as grasping his words. They sink in slowly, settling heavily in her chest and coiling tightly in her stomach. She wants to comfort him, to reach out and tell him she would never leave him willingly - but stupidly, selfishly, the first thing that slips from her is: You doubted me, Quiet, almost too passive in its sorrow to be an accusation, yet it is. She swallows, suddenly overwhelmed with guilt.
I'm sorry, that was - I tried. Her voice breaks faintly on the last word, taking on a tinge of desperation, and she swallows again, face heating with shame. It takes her a moment to recover enough to speak again. When she does, though, her voice is more level. I tried to get back to the island to see you - it must have been half a dozen times, getting beaten back by the sea or caught and threatened by some brute. I kept trying until - She cuts herself abruptly, knowing this is not the time, and continues with barely a pause. They made sure I wouldn't come back. She blinks, irritated to find her eyes brimming with hot tears. I would never leave you willingly, Aldric, I swear.
Common || Tevene
Messages In This Thread