Blackfeather Woods & i've been sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool for a while now
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she feels as if she balances precariously on the edge of a steep precipice. the softest gust of wind would be enough to send her hurtling to an untimely demise- yet sometimes she wonders would it truly be such a shame? perhaps if the wind were called for it would mean she should just let it take her, it whispers her name often...

her gaze lingers on the woods, unwilling to fix on the nona lest she see something she could not handle. yet when she speaks it is in soft murmurs lilted with understanding. a soft exhale, she turns away from the yawning metaphorical drop before her and refocuses on her pale companion. fleetingly a pained smile graces pallid features as her tail swishes lowly at her hocks; 'alive and well' she rolls the words over gently within a fragile mind, well well well...she surely must be well and not simply alive yes? she sucks in a breath just as maegi too finds some internal reason for the same steadying gesture. eyes flicker at her change of tone, ears tilting forward to anxiously await words.

ah her head is already shaking halfway through the marred woman's words. dark, encompassing orbs seek the returned press of the other's bicoloured gaze. another slight upturn of pretty features, stepping slightly closer as she murmurs with gentle urgency. "maegi never would i have expected such a thing. i sought you out, chose this place as my home and you as my leader not because i had nowhere else to go; winter was over and i young and healthy. sure the woods were always special to me but i could see you understood them too, i sought a leader who would provide for the pack and that is what you did, and....ears lean back somewhat bashfully, not used to delving into such personal matters. "you gave me something i never thought i'd be destined to find again; companionship. i...i didn't come from a good place, i believed my only duty was to serve but here, here i became part of a family i'd given up on seeking. i learnt to care and that perhaps others may care for me...that is more than i could ever have imagined and i thank you"

a shaky exhale as she glances away, embarrassed and awkward. she feels...vulnerable, something the warrior was not used to and it leaves her breathless in its aggression. had she gone too far? would she be deemed crazy? swallowing anxiously she flicks her tail and glances back up slowly, very ready to change the subject and something the nona had memtioned previously offered the perfect way. "you said you's lost so much? what happened?a troubled frown and a flicker of guilt, 'you should've been here'

rowan pipes up and she starts slightly with a soft smile, oh how she'd almost forgotten his presence and now he too had witnessed her little display. perhaps it was better she had never gotten to take up an official mentor role for him with her evident instability. "a vale hidden securely in those mountains, it's called courtfallthe smile threatens to falter at a want for her to be referring to her home as the woods but she wished not to worry him about her own misgivings, childish as they were.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: & i've been sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool for a while now - by Tundra - December 12, 2019, 07:27 PM