Blacktail Deer Plateau infinite earth
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Aningan was quiet, giving the younger boy all the time in the world that he needed to answer. His first response was not unexpected—he assumed right!—but still made him smile. “My family is from the north, too,” he shared, hoping to better connect with him; the emotions that came with being in the company of another northerner were indescribable. However, he did wonder why the child knew so little of their language if his family was truly from the north. But the Inuk did not question him further on the matter—surely there must be some other northerners out there that weren’t all too good at the language, either. Just the same as how not everyone was good using the common tongue.

There was more than he wanted to ask, about his family and upbringing, what brought him there, but when he spoke again and his expression soured… he thought it might be best to leave the topic for another day, if ever. Kangâ, he said in place of further questions. “I didn’t mean to ask too much.” Even if he was curious, he knew he should respect boundaries. Under similar circumstances, he wasn’t so sure he would appreciate being questioned, either.

As a question was turned towards him instead, he didn’t fight the change of topic. “It’s… home,” he answered, uncertain how else to describe it. “I don’t really know too much about this place. I know there is nice coverage and that there used to be deer here but not much else. I used to live beside the sea.” And before that, a glacier. The finer details of the plateau were not something that he knew much about. Slowly, he was learning more and more about the land through exploration but, overall, much of it remained a mystery.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
Messages In This Thread
infinite earth - by Mesa - December 19, 2019, 02:55 PM
RE: infinite earth - by Aningan - December 20, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: infinite earth - by Mesa - December 20, 2019, 12:15 AM
RE: infinite earth - by Aningan - December 28, 2019, 09:47 PM
RE: infinite earth - by Mesa - December 29, 2019, 06:34 PM
RE: infinite earth - by Aningan - January 05, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: infinite earth - by Mesa - January 05, 2020, 04:45 PM
RE: infinite earth - by Aningan - January 05, 2020, 09:12 PM
RE: infinite earth - by Mesa - January 05, 2020, 10:11 PM
RE: infinite earth - by Aningan - January 19, 2020, 08:00 PM