Arrow Lake not because you can
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
paging @Elfie! hopefully arrow lake's alright.

a small measure of guilt nags and festers like an untended wound within the curve of newt's chest, threatening to creep up his throat with each step he takes further away from stone circle. guilt because he promised his mother he wouldn't venture further than the neighboring territories. he cannot help but think this is what his promises are worth; broken. his and his siblings' nine month mark had came and it has passed; the ascension into adult ranks to take place soon — perhaps even in his absence. during the past weeks the bison returned, his father banished one of their own when easthollow was supposed to represent family and clay was still missing.

it builds and it builds and it builds until there is nothing but undiluted restlessness seething beneath his skin.

helplessness.

he heads towards the sunspire; a direction chosen at random, letting out a soft sigh of relief when the heavy snows taper off to moderate snow. without the risk of a whiteout he trudges forward into arrow lake, the sound of water tumbling freely down rocky decline as he picks his way to where the actual lake resides. beneath the thin layer of ice accumulated upon the loamy sand banks he can see where the lake deepens the dark shape of fish swimming. it's here he decides to take his rest, stepping experimentally upon the thin ice which cracks and splinters under his weight to lap at the cold water that rushes up thru the cracks he's created.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Messages In This Thread
not because you can - by Nanoq - January 19, 2020, 09:12 AM
RE: not because you can - by Merlin - January 19, 2020, 09:36 AM
RE: not because you can - by Nanoq - January 19, 2020, 11:21 AM
RE: not because you can - by Merlin - January 19, 2020, 12:20 PM
RE: not because you can - by Nanoq - January 19, 2020, 01:06 PM
RE: not because you can - by Merlin - January 28, 2020, 02:04 PM