Sun Mote Copse Positively lost me
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
I don't know who this kid is anymore lol

The moment he gained his father's attention was the very same moment he realized he wasn't certain what to say. What did he really want? He knew he wanted to understand in hopes of feeling less bad about things. He also knew he wanted to help. But how to put those things into words?

"What do I..." he started, then stopped and huffed awkwardly, uncertainly. He sensed that he ought to ease into the conversation to make it easier on both of them. He should be articulate in describing the way he felt, and calm. Sensible.

He should not behave exactly the way he was about to, at any rate. "She's so upset over this, Dad. And I don't get it. I want to help, but I don't know how. Like, I don't know what to say or what to do and I want her to feel better, but I just don't know how to make her feel better because I don't really get why she's so upset in the first place. It's like Fenny and I aren't enough, and I know that's not it, but I mean, I want more siblings because it sounds cool, but I don't need them. She acts like she needs them and I just... Why? Why does she need more? Why aren't we enough?"

Figment paused and sucked in a breath, shaking his head. It took him a moment to realize he wasn't just talking about how upset Towhee was over not being pregnant. It was more than that. It was how she'd escaped the Strath and left them behind. It was how she hadn't come find them at the Frosthawks (something he didn't even realize he resented). She was his mother, but lately she just acted like... Well, like his aunt.

It took him another moment to realize he was blinking away tears. Ashamed, he turned away, hoping Phox wouldn't see.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Messages In This Thread
Positively lost me - by Phox - February 03, 2020, 09:39 AM
RE: Positively lost me - by Figment - February 06, 2020, 08:11 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Phox - February 07, 2020, 12:02 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Figment - February 08, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Phox - February 12, 2020, 09:40 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Figment - February 16, 2020, 03:48 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Phox - February 19, 2020, 06:00 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Figment - February 28, 2020, 06:02 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Phox - March 10, 2020, 12:17 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Figment - March 18, 2020, 05:52 PM
RE: Positively lost me - by Phox - April 05, 2020, 12:12 PM