Sunspire Mountains the things that you've got coming will consume you
Dragonspine
Alpha Male*
fine as any blade
449 Posts
Ooc —
Riley had never been a multitasker. He tried to keep an eye on each of the wolves - Renard as he paced then asked him a question, Derg as he pressed for more information, and Colin following the rear at last with his own voice casting into the wind.

He tried to answer each as they came. "What are willows?" Soggy trees, though Riley didn't know it. "This place had lots of droopy trees." He gave his attention to Derg, trying to recall the faces that had assailed him. Most of it was a blur.

"She was loud and bossy." If Riley had to give her a single epithet, it would be fire. "White chest, and I think red on her nose and ears." That was remarkably descriptive for Riley, and it was the best Derg would get.

Finally, Colin's question. Riley's lizardlike stare panned past the man as he tried to sum how he had found himself in that situation. "They told me to leave." Free fuckin' country, Riley seethed inwardly. "But I didn't think I had to. It's not their land. The bossy one got in my face. Bit me."

The flatness of his stare slithered off, a gleam of something malevolent replacing it. "So I pissed on "their" tree." Bad move, Riley. "They didn't like that." Mild understatement. "They chased me off."

Riley shifted uncomfortably in the stream, his attention returning to Derg. His eyes were vehement. "I was not trespassing. I know a fully controlled border when I smell one. I didn't smell nothing." Of this much, Riley believed -- and it was partially true, for the woods had been free of any formal claim at the time, though wolves did reside in it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the things that you've got coming will consume you - by Riley - July 26, 2020, 02:49 PM