Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,124 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
There'd been a lot of loose ends to tie following the finding of Wraen. Eljay had stayed with @Teya a while, but after a while he realised that Bridget had howled and that must mean that Maia... He had excused himself eventually, when Bridget was done with the digging and they had moved the body and buried it. Wraen, gone...

He washed himself at a nearby fen, as he thought it might make Maia feel bad to see him covered in dirt; the dirt that had been used to cover her sister's body. Maia losing Wraen was like... Like him losing his parents, he imagined. He needed to get home soon.

When finally Eljay arrived, Ibis was there. Is everything alright? Eljay called out towards her, clumsily picked words, a light note of panic in his voice. He saw Maia's pained expression as she turned around back towards the den, and felt the tension in the air. With an apologetic grimace at Ibis he pressed past her and poked his head into the den, reaching out towards Maia's face with his nose and muttering, Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry... There was nothing we could do... As he felt tears come to his own eyes at thinking about Maia's state of distress.
Messages In This Thread