DOG QUESTIONS: Size, Breeds, Heat & Age Expectancy
⛓️⛓️⛓️⛓️⛓️⛓️⛓️
239 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Hello! I am a brand new, fresh-out-the-oven member, and I have several questions about dog characters! 

A) SIZE

a-1. When listing a dog's size, should it be relative to the size of wolves or the character's breed base? 
  • Ex. my character is a french mastiff, and i have her listed as "medium" as she is average height for a female of her breed. however, as she is only 25 inches at the shoulders, she is the size of a tiny wolf. should i change her size rating to reflect that?
a-2. There is a listed maximum size a character is allowed to be, but is there a minimum limit too? 
  • Ex. i want to join with a 9 inches tall toy poodle. would that be allowed?

B) BREEDS

b-1. There are dog breeds that have extreme natural advantages, others severe disadvantages and some are exceedingly rare - are any of them outright prohibited from being played? 
  • Ex. i want to join with a kangal dog ((breed with a bite force that far exceeds a wolf's)) a bloodhound ((canine with the strongest sense of smell)) a greyhound ((fastest canine)) a female bulldog ((brachycephalic breed that can only give birth with human assistance)) a cavalier king charles spaniel ((breed with the most hereditary health issues)) or a norwegian ludehund ((rarest and most expensive dog breed)). would any of them be outright barred from joining?

C) HEAT 

c-1. The breeding rules on the forum very clearly were made for wolf characters, but what about female dogs, who do not have a mating season but instead go into heat twice a year? 
  • Ex. could my female dog character go into heat every six months, like in summer or spring?

D) AGE EXPECTANCY 

d-1. Site rules state wolves reach old age at 7-8 years old and live up to 10 years, but what about dogs with much shortet lifespans? Would semi-realism allow them to exceed their age expectancy, or would they turn into elders much earlier? 
  • Ex. my character is a french mastiff, a breed which lives 5-8 years on average. would she reach elder status at an earlier age than other characters?

[Image: FACEFUL.png]
Messages In This Thread
DOG QUESTIONS: Size, Breeds, Heat & Age Expectancy - by Gun - December 01, 2021, 05:05 PM