Duskfire Glacier chaos machine productions
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Thankfully, Meerkat laughed, and the intensity of the conversation was more or less dispelled. 

Before Lane really felt ready to face the pack's situation once more, Meerkat was directing their conversation back to the crisis at hand. Lane sighed. Couldn't they just gossip about boys for a few minutes longer, so Lane didn't have to go back to reality just yet? It felt like her whole world was all turmoil all the time, these days. 

"Do you think..."

Lane leaned forward when Meerkat trailed off. "If you have any other ideas, I'm all ears. But the herd isn't just sick again, it's gone. Like, gone gone. Wiped out." The caribou had dropped like flies within the span of about 48 hours. Lane was still reeling from the shock of it. If the pack didn't move, it would starve. Lane truly couldn't see any other way forward.

"Should I call an Upper Tier meeting before I announce the decision? Maybe someone will have another idea we haven't thought of..?" Lane's brow furrowed. She valued the opinions of her most longstanding packmates, and of course she wanted to make sure all ideas were aired. It made sense that those who had lived here longest should have a say in the final decision.
Messages In This Thread
chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 20, 2021, 09:24 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 20, 2021, 10:30 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 20, 2021, 11:04 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 20, 2021, 11:48 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 21, 2021, 12:09 AM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 21, 2021, 10:24 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 21, 2021, 10:49 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 21, 2021, 11:25 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 22, 2021, 12:40 AM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 23, 2021, 12:03 AM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 23, 2021, 01:57 PM