Whitefish River last week, i realized i crave pity
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Blueberry seemed hurt to have been left behind, but fortunately for her, that was something Bronco had a bit of experience with. ”Sometimes…Wolves just feel like they need to get out on their own, no matter how much they love their siblings.” He said with a soft sigh. ”My sister wandered off, too. A few times. But if there’s anything I’ve learned, it’s that they never forget those who mean the most to them…And more often than not, they’ll find their way back to them, when they’re ready.” He said. It might not make her feel better, but at least she might find some way to hold onto hope.

”I have a litter mate, named Nellie. She’s the one who wandered off, when we were young.” He said. He smiled faintly; he missed her. His life had changed so much since the last time he’d seen her, but he remembered her fondly, all the same. ”You’d like her. Feisty, loyal, ambitious. I’m not sure where she is now, but…I’m sure our paths’ll cross again someday.” He said. ”The next year, I had four younger siblings born. The twins, Alyx and Q- Quetzal, but Q for short. They were so different, right off the bat, even though they looked the same. And Meerkat, who’s technically Towhee’s daughter, but I dunno, the kids were all raised together so they’re all my siblings.” He said. A shaky breath was drawn. ”And I had a little brother, too. Primrose, Prim, for short. He was…Probably the gentlest, sweetest member of my family, ever. But…He died, a few months before Mom disappeared. I think…Losing him just kinda pushed her over the edge.” He said, his gaze fixed on a distant point ahead of them. He knew his mother would likely have reached her breaking point at some time, regardless of whether or not Primrose had died- but his death had certainly hastened the process.

He drew in a breath. ”At the end of the day…You have those who are born into your family, and you just…Love them an’ hang onto them as much as you can. Sometimes they drift away, an’ sometimes they disappear. You just gotta…Hang onto the ones you do have.” He concluded.
Messages In This Thread
last week, i realized i crave pity - by Manea - December 30, 2021, 08:30 PM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by RIP Bronco - December 31, 2021, 11:36 AM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by Manea - January 02, 2022, 10:30 AM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by RIP Bronco - January 02, 2022, 01:04 PM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by Manea - January 03, 2022, 12:45 AM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by RIP Bronco - January 13, 2022, 11:40 AM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by Manea - January 13, 2022, 09:50 PM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by RIP Bronco - January 15, 2022, 04:49 PM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by Manea - January 26, 2022, 08:40 PM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by RIP Bronco - February 01, 2022, 11:51 PM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by Manea - February 04, 2022, 10:41 PM
RE: last week, i realized i crave pity - by RIP Bronco - March 27, 2022, 08:32 PM