Nimbus Summit but my anxious heart
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
It was unusual to hear Arius's voice rise over the Summit, and Lane responded quickly. When she arrived at the border she found a pawful of boys, one of them-- the one she didn't recognize-- was clearly injured. This must be why she was called. 

"What happened..?" she asked, nearing the boys. "..You all weren't fighting, were you?" A cursory examination and few sniffs answered her question for her: the injuries were caked in drying blood, and some smelled like they were on the verge of turning sour. They were not fresh wounds, then-- he had walked in with them, it seemed. What was it with injured kids showing up at her border? 

She met the strange boy's eyes, and she inhaled a small gasp. His eyes were like those of her own son, which were just like Wintersbane's. Just like Arius's too, come to think of it. There was coyote blood in the boy as well, that much could be surmised by the distinct angles of his face and body. There could be little doubt that this was one of the children from the Zephyr and Wintersbane pairing. Was the boy aware that he had brothers and a sister here in Atautsikut? Lane herself had not told her own children anything about the two litters Wintersbane had sired outside of Duskfire Glacier.

Lane recovered herself quickly. "Caracal, it's time to rock and roll." It was about time that her apprentice got his feet wet. "Let's help our new friend to the medicine den in the arlathan." Before they left the border, Lane addressed Arius. "Good work here, Arius." He had assessed the situation appropriately and called upon the correct wolf; a fully trained guardian couldn't have done it any better.
Messages In This Thread
but my anxious heart - by Arius - April 06, 2022, 12:03 PM
RE: but my anxious heart - by Dionysus - April 06, 2022, 12:14 PM
RE: but my anxious heart - by Caracal - April 06, 2022, 12:25 PM
RE: but my anxious heart - by Arius - April 06, 2022, 12:35 PM
RE: but my anxious heart - by Lane - April 06, 2022, 03:56 PM
RE: but my anxious heart - by Dionysus - April 09, 2022, 01:49 PM
RE: but my anxious heart - by Caracal - April 10, 2022, 07:50 PM
RE: but my anxious heart - by Arius - April 12, 2022, 04:14 AM