Redhawk Caldera Glistening through your fussed blows careen your caldera
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine frowned throughout her entire argument, though he didn't say anything in response. His eyes squinted thoughtfully when she laid out a timeline for her injuries. Fox didn't think she could travel at all, even with help, and he wasn't about to force her hand in that regard. Slowly, it dawned on him that they were stuck here. Well, she was stuck here, but considering they were attached at the hip, he shared in his wife's fate.

He gave a long sigh of defeat. "For better or worse, this is now our home, I guess," he said with a touch of bitter sarcasm. He glanced at Fox, then frowned guiltily. "Let's just hope it only gets better from here." He sighed again, more softly now.

"I can't leave you here, though," he complained in the next breath. "I can send Lasher back to tell them." Even as the words left his mouth, Peregrine realized he couldn't do that to them. After all, he wouldn't just be sending Lasher to tell them the Alpha pair was temporarily restricted to this remote crater. All along, their plan had been to make a permanent relocation. Although the circumstances and time frame were not ideal, this was it.

"I'll leave right now," he said in a rather grave tone. He hated having to do this. He hated to leave Fox and he hated to go home alone to break the news to everybody. "And I'll make it quick. I'll be back in a couple of days. I won't sleep or eat until I'm back with you. Lasher," he said, catching his companion's eye, "watch over her for me."

Despite his need for haste, he lingered, unwilling to leave his mate's side so soon after her injury. He nosed her tenderly and murmured, "This fucking blows ass." Peregrine kissed her temple to make it understood he didn't place the blame on her. "What should we call it, by the way? I need to have a name to take back to them. Call it whatever you like, firecrotch."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Glistening through your fussed blows careen your caldera - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 02, 2014, 10:12 PM