Noctisardor Bypass If you'd stay, I would even wait all night
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
162 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Tag for reference.
Days passed and the relief of reunion settled into something bitter and weary. At every turn, his fantasies of a joyful meeting were crushed and churned to dust. First Swiftcurrent Creek. Then the blood, and Ophelia — no, he couldn't think of her that way anymore. Not when the name itself sent her spiraling to that far-away place where even Tybault could not reach her. He would have to find out what she was calling herself now, when she came to. If she came to; that fear never fully left him, and he didn't think it ever would. What if she just... didn't wake up? What if she stayed glassy-eyed forever, and it was his fault?
He moved through the bypass, the place he'd chosen as their temporary headquarters while they waited for their sister to awaken from her haze. If @Everett or Evander had argued, he hadn't heard any of it. Tybault had not been himself since finding O— since finding his sister. Sometimes he felt as far-away as she was. He went to check on her now, to see if anything had changed from the last time he'd left her. She seemed perturbed by his presence, by all of them, so he thought it best to leave her alone when they could.
Tybault knew immediately as he approached that something was different. She looked at him, really looked, her golden eyes focused in a way they hadn't been in days. His limbs went stiff and locked beneath him, though some distance still separated them. His mouth went dry as he realized he didn't know what to say. She was looking at him as if she saw right through him, down to his very soul, that same look Kukutux had given him. Seeing it from his sister, who he remembered as a gentle and undemanding presence, unsettled him deeply. He could only meet her gaze unwaveringly and wait for her to speak.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Messages In This Thread
If you'd stay, I would even wait all night - by Tybault - January 30, 2023, 09:42 PM