Northstar Vale crocus
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
546 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Tamar’s reasoning left a certain emptiness in the silver she-wolf. She could not speak to the true horrors of Akashingo, or what past scars Tamar held from such a terrible place. And she could never undermine it, nor disregard it—but she also did not comprehend how Reyson had been placed in the same category as that horrific place, and she felt her shoulders slump, her eyes drifting downward.

“I have been abandoned by everyone and anyone that has made any kind of impact in my life, Tamar… I was born to a large family pack north of here, and a forest fire took out many of them. The remaining—my mother and siblings included—chose to just leave, one after the other, after we had relocated. I have gone from pack to pack my entire life… seeking any kind of connection with another—friend, family—and each time the hurt is deeper when they leave or the pack disperses.

Reyson has done everything in his power to hold his promises to me. We have argued, and we have reconciled… and in the end, he chose me over Mereo. He came here for me so we could build a life in Epoch together because he knew that I adore you, your children and your husband. And I do, adore all of you, so much…”

Her tongue felt dry, and finally her eyes sought the woman. “And I always will. But I am choosing Reyson, too—he’s kind, he’s steadfast and thoughtful. He loves me and I him… But I don’t know if we have a future in Epoch anymore.” And that hurt her to say so very much—for never before had she been the one to abandon, and that felt very much like it might be inevitable in this moment.

"I'm not saying that to punish you, or to bring pain... I just want to be honest with you."
Messages In This Thread
crocus - by Tamar - March 24, 2023, 05:52 PM
RE: crocus - by Meadow - March 27, 2023, 09:44 AM
RE: crocus - by Tamar - March 27, 2023, 06:33 PM
RE: crocus - by Meadow - April 13, 2023, 01:30 PM
RE: crocus - by Tamar - April 13, 2023, 10:44 PM
RE: crocus - by Meadow - April 14, 2023, 09:08 AM
RE: crocus - by Tamar - April 15, 2023, 04:31 PM
RE: crocus - by Meadow - April 24, 2023, 08:11 PM