Permafrost Hollows She's nobody's fool
Pledged
Bearclaw
828 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
She tried not to stiffen when her paw was lifted, gently flexing her toes as her claws were examined. They were dark and hard, but blunted from travel and from struggling time and time again during spars to hold her ground. She feared they would never sharpen at this rate. They grew so slowly, she didn't ever seem to notice any added length. Broken claws were a painful nuisance and took a long time to heal. 

She still envied the panther for her ammunition, regardless of whether they were useful to a queen or not. She didn't understand how she could ascend if not by force, given the fact that she wasn't related by blood to the Wealda. Even through marriage, she knew she might never be seen as truly worthy, until she bore children that could one day step up to take the title...Still- she would possibly be overlooked. 

"I'm not blood." She sighed woefully. "I have no right to the crown, not in thith pack," She said, erstwhile thinking not in any pack, given the fact that her true origins were unknown. Avicus had stepped down once, but Lilia assumed it would be a temporary occurrence. With new children, she'd given herself new heirs. Even one of the young ones might be chosen over her older children, if the Wealda chose. "The only way I get to be the leaduh ith if I challenge foh it, an' nobody counterth me, or if...There'th thome thort of coup." She said with a slight shrug. Both would be risky, but she knew she would be up against a riptide of conflict no matter what way she tried to go in order to establish herself as a leader.

Still- she regarded the cougar with calm sincerity when she made an offer. She wasn't sure that a cougar might have deep knowledge of the inner workings of a wolf's pack structure, but she wasn't in a position to turn down the offer, either. She felt it was best when she kept the wild and fearsome creature engaged and pleased. So she nodded. 

"Yeth. Pleathe."
Messages In This Thread
She's nobody's fool - by Ameline - January 31, 2023, 11:05 AM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by La Reine - March 29, 2023, 03:51 PM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by Ameline - April 05, 2023, 06:40 PM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by La Reine - May 08, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by Ameline - May 08, 2023, 02:55 PM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by La Reine - June 09, 2023, 04:52 PM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by Ameline - June 13, 2023, 10:50 AM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by La Reine - June 16, 2023, 05:56 PM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by Ameline - June 17, 2023, 09:16 PM
RE: She's nobody's fool - by La Reine - June 23, 2023, 10:02 AM