Lion Head Mesa deathless death
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
651 Posts
Ooc — anon
a grateful look to the woman for these words. our love endures through our grief, and it’s persistence was only an authenticator to the Queen, now. true she was at peace, but that did not mean her heart did not ache to no longer see him upon this plane!
but yes, she found herself thinking again, there was peace in knowing she would see him again—someday. 
Toula listened to Zaahira’s descriptors of the one she knew as Raven. still in the throes of her own youth, there was no blush at the mention of kisses. her heart sank to here of their final moments—how awful they sounded! she gasped at the mention of it, her brows furrowed in righteous anger toward Khaba. she was quiet for a long moment, and found herself envying the way of Zaahira. she was so perfectly, wildly, beautifully savage, and free to express herself as such! Zaahira, her spirit… somehow, to Toula, it was this indomitable, untamable thing. she admired it greatly. 
more than that was that Zaahira was capable of doing what must be done, to see the end that she desired. there was power in that, power that Toula, for the first time, longing for. how she wished to make this man pay, with the warrior alongside her…! 
but Toula recognized the power she herself wielded, even without tooth and claw. the respect she received in spite of not utilizing it herself. Zaahira… she sensed she had this from the woman. Toula wanted, now more than ever, to be worthy of it! 
I know what you mean, she breathed. Zaahira had not asked for her empathy, but she had it nonetheless. but when it came to love, would any earthly time ever feel like enough? it is strange, to look forward to death rather than to fear it. I do not rush toward it, but I know that once it comes for me, I will see the faces that I long to see again. they wait for us, in A’aru, her face was serene with the thought of it, though turned cool as she said, with the knowing and conviction that only the divine could speak with, Khaba will not be welcome there. his heart will be weighed, and devoured by Ammit. he shall be condemned to oblivion. 
but if that alone were not enough for Zaahira to feel contented, she said, you may be called to arms sooner rather than later. while my priority is the children under his watch—reuniting them with their mother—once that is done, …your satisfaction is also important to me, and if this means blood, I understand it. the Gods, too, sometimes require it, this was said quietly—for the ears of Zaahira alone. 
she had prayed to Horus. she had prayed to Tawaret. she had prayed to Iset. They Each had heard her; They had delivered her Zaahira. she could not question Their existence. and perhaps They had saved Raven, from a life of further injustice. now she was in paradise. 
I bring you to speak with Osiris, if you would like. He is the God of the deceased, ruler of that underworld; He would have been among the first series of faces she would have seen. He guided her to paradise, Toula informed, I find that speaking with Him connects me to my father, still—and sometimes I feel as though He has brought my father along, perhaps silly to some, but not untrue for her as she felt him! 
and sometimes, I have no words at all, and feel peace just sitting with Him. but always, I bring him gifts, the fellahin among them brought plenty for them both to leave for Him.
Messages In This Thread
deathless death - by Toula - June 17, 2023, 09:03 AM
RE: deathless death - by Zaahira - June 18, 2023, 12:08 PM
RE: deathless death - by Toula - June 19, 2023, 01:12 PM
RE: deathless death - by Zaahira - June 19, 2023, 01:38 PM
RE: deathless death - by Toula - June 19, 2023, 05:12 PM
RE: deathless death - by Zaahira - June 19, 2023, 05:52 PM
RE: deathless death - by Toula - June 19, 2023, 06:21 PM
RE: deathless death - by Zaahira - June 21, 2023, 06:07 PM