Stavanger Bay Hope it isn't repetition, though that's the only thing that keeps and takes you
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Figured we can fade the other <3 definitely didn't edit this based on a dream, it was a cool dream tho fight me
Reverie had not been certain, when she'd said it, that she would truly learn to let go of the things @Lestan had said to her. But true to her word, she took time to process her feelings, and came out on the other side of them with a sense of — peace, almost. She did not think to attribute this to the herbs Bridget had given her, and perhaps that was for the best. Had she known, she may have rejected it entirely.
But she didn't. So she took it for the blessing it was, and when two whole days had passed without a single fallen tear, she knew it was time to go to him again. Reverie was silent in her approach; she drew up alongside him and pressed her nose to his cheek lightly. I love you, She murmured, reminding herself as much as she was reminding him.
She paused, trying to meet his eyes now if he'd let her. I wanted to - apologize, She began quietly. I've been selfish, and unfair to you, and I'm sorry. I - I've been so caught up in my fear of losing you, I lost sight of the real reason I'm so afraid of it - and that's because I don't really know what you need from me, as your wife. I never have. I thought maybe I could figure it out on my own, but I can't. I've spent all this time just guessing, and worrying - and I know I've hurt you so much with my insecurities. I blamed you for rejecting me when - when it was really just that I didn't know how to be there for you, and that scared me. It still scared her. She took a breath. It's okay if - if we're never intimate again, I can live without that - but it worries me that you feel so guilty about our love, and that I can't help. I don't want you to feel that way.
And I'm not falling out of love with you. I love you as much as I always have. I just - thought I was, because it's so hard to feel anything but fear anymore, Her gaze dropped briefly, but returned to him with her next words. I've failed as a wife, as a mother, failed at being - anything except sick, and it feels like I'm just waiting for you and Blossom to realize that too. I'm so afraid that you'll - you'll find someone else, someone better, someone who knows what you need and can give it to you. I've been nothing but a burden to you. I want you to feel safe with me, and I want you to be able to rely on me - but instead I - I'm always making you worry. With her sickness, with her madness; things she couldn't change, and yet she felt the blame deeply.
And I know that - it's not always avoidable, but I - I'm your wife, and I'm supposed to be able to support you, Here she reached out, one of her paws touching his lightly. We're supposed to carry these things together. I just - I just need to know how I can show my love and support in a way that's helpful to you, because right now I don't know what helps and what doesn't. Then - maybe I can start to fix this, and I won't be afraid of losing you. If I could know that I'm meeting your needs, I wouldn't worry so much.
But I'm - I'm afraid I've hurt you too much to ever fix it. That you only stay because of Blossom, or because you're scared that I'll - Her voice broke, and she could not finish. It had taken time for it to sink in, the true horror of what she'd threatened him with, and now she could hardly stand even to think of it. I wouldn't. Not really. Losing you would - I don't think I'd ever get over it, but I wouldn't throw away the life we've made together. You gave me a reason to live when I had none - you gave me hope, and a beautiful daughter, and a future I never thought I'd have. I can't change how I love you, or what you are to me, but I - I never should have threatened you with it, and I'm sorry.
Messages In This Thread
Hope it isn't repetition, though that's the only thing that keeps and takes you - by Reverie - June 30, 2023, 05:44 PM