Bearclaw Valley Rubadubdub
Loner
32 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
The forest spirit was stoic and silent. Keiko felt a divine wisdom radiate from him – no doubt due to his connection with the celestial plane – and was pacified by it. The Miko took a deep breath and centered herself. Clearly, this Kami was not so angered by her presence that he didn’t wish to communicate. His long brush-like tail swayed gently like a pendulum and so Keiko’s confidence grew, nurtured by the spirit’s benevolence.

Her gaze lifted once more, just in time to see him hold up her ornament of bone and wood.

=“Oh!”= She chirped. Perhaps the forest spirit wished to ask a question. =“Oh great spirit,” she began, voice full of reverence. =“This is Omamori, a traveler’s amulet, crafted for me by my mother. It protects me from Aku. Misfortune and malevolent spirits.”= Keiko pointed to herself and then made an X with her paws. Then, she turned towards the Northeast and pointed. =“I hail from Shikotsu-Tōya, where my family has maintained a temple honoring the Kami for ten generations. My name is Keiko.”= Then, she bowed again.

Suddenly, it dawned upon Keiko. Was this where her prophetic dream had intended her to land? Was she meant to serve this spirit?

Keiko stood slowly in a way that looked formal and rehearsed. =“Please, let me construct a shrine to worship you, great O-kami-sama. So that all may know and respect your eden.”=

"Words as we hear them" | ="Translated Japanese"=
Messages In This Thread
Rubadubdub - by Drust - September 02, 2023, 12:37 AM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Keiko - September 02, 2023, 09:43 AM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Drust - September 02, 2023, 11:38 AM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Keiko - September 02, 2023, 08:38 PM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Drust - September 03, 2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Keiko - September 03, 2023, 02:34 PM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Drust - September 03, 2023, 05:08 PM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Keiko - September 04, 2023, 01:46 PM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Drust - September 04, 2023, 02:30 PM
RE: Rubadubdub - by Keiko - September 04, 2023, 03:39 PM