Noctisardor Bypass YOU'RE FIT TO LEARN THE MEANING OF A BEATDOWN, MADNESS, CHAOS IN THE BRAIN
Qeya River
Prima*
always an angel, never a god
405 Posts
Ooc — Twin
A voice.
She knew it, knew the sound of that little peep; you're hurt; did it matter? Did it matter that she was fucking hurt?
And the reality of her current situation seems to creep upon her and latch onto her shoulders with mighty talons. Her eyes, though blurry, fix on the familiar figure. Mae, oh, poor Mae, she was the last person she had ever possibly wanted to find her like this. Never would she again lash out to her, and so she forces a breath into her lungs. Stay calm. I'm okay, really, I'm-- don't worry, I'm good, hoarse and battered are her words as she forces herself up to her elbows. you should go home, kiddo. I'm fine.
And then there was the thud of paws behind her that sounded as if they belonged to only one man. God, why couldn't they have just let her be? Why make her live with this?
Why couldn't she have jumped off a cliff instead? Somewhere far away where no one would have found her remains?
She sees his silhouette through the treeline and immediately her expression falters into one strung with the threads of shame. Jesus.