Swiftcurrent Creek There is no way but up
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
edited.

Gunnar didn't move as a child screamed at him and he didn't move as the woman who hurt his bonnie threwout accusations and cruelty. He didn't flinch as Akavir grew angry and he could see the way he turned cold. This was worthless.

There was too much anger. No matter what he would say they would all possibly attack him with words and for the first time. He wondered would he make it back to his children today. He had thought swiftcurrent fair. But he was finding that perhaps they were cruel and blood thirsty and maybe their allyship should be dissolved.

Finally as everyone apoke their piece. He took a breath the sound still whistling from his walk here. He was an old man after all.

If you would allow me to continue? I was only asking for clarificication and trying to understand. Perhaps i misspoke. After all everyone sees ever situation differently. There are pieces that perhaps he does not know, that she does not know. I will tell you what i was told, but you must bare with me it is a long tale and I am old i need to take breaks.

Age and sadness and years of all of this bled into his eyes as he continued to speak. When i came upon our packmate bleeding out with his throat so ripped open he was dying. A young one by the way barely in his 2nd year. He couldn'ttell me what had transpired. Too much blood loss or i would have come sooner..

Gunnar shifted a soft whine as his hip caught. I apologize i cannot sit still long anymore.

But he continued. Once he healed enough that he could speak. He sought me out to tell me this tale. I came to you in good faith as a leader of an allied pack as soon as he told me and i was able. Though it did take me longer than it should have. Definitely longer than it would have a year ago. a dry voice. Gunnar was unsure would he make it back.

He explained to me that he had smelled blood and followed and came across a dead wolf, a little pup and another female doing something. But he didn't know what. Then there was another suddenly who said she was a packmate. He didn't know if she was.

Gunnar stopped for a moment to take a breath. A child came charging out and went after the newborn. Our packmate snapped at her in warning, not to hurt. He didn't even touch her. He told me there was enough older wolves around to keep her in line he just didn't want her to go for the newborn which is what she was doing. Then it seems he was attacked.

It was here his voice grew a little colder, but he still didnt move. She wouldn't let him go. Just continued to attack him and as
All the young do he attacked back. Which if someone grabbed me and wouldn't let go i think I'd do the same don't you?

Gunnar sighed, a sigh of a bone weary man, of a father trying to help his children and keep the shreds of pack allies together, but he had doubt that this would happen, now.

He doesn't know anything of the pup or the newborn. After that point he was only trying to stay alive. He said it only stopped when he could no longer fight he stared and got away. We were lucky to have found him or he would not be among the living.

Gunanr shifted. So what i am saying is he attacked no one until he was attacked. He warned a child away that he did not touch and he came upon the newborn with someone none of us know. And he was attacked first. That is what i am saying. Does he hold responsibility certainly, but not for what you are saying about the children at least. And not for attacking first.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Messages In This Thread
There is no way but up - by Gunnar - September 30, 2023, 05:35 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Akavir - September 30, 2023, 05:51 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Gunnar - September 30, 2023, 05:57 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Mae - September 30, 2023, 06:18 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Wren - September 30, 2023, 06:44 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Akavir - October 01, 2023, 06:19 AM
RE: There is no way but up - by Gunnar - October 01, 2023, 07:02 AM
RE: There is no way but up - by Wren - October 01, 2023, 10:41 AM
RE: There is no way but up - by Akavir - October 03, 2023, 02:38 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Gunnar - October 03, 2023, 02:47 PM