Bramblepoint Change is Coming.
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Away
"Growing up it seemed like the best place in the world. Endless possibilities. But then - I guess it happens to all yearlings - your home grows boring and you want to go out in the world and see, what else is there. And then... you get the first taste and the home never feels like the same awesome place again. At least... I always keep wondering, if things are better, more interesting, enchanting elsewhere," Dwin explained. Since Egeria was a young lone wolf, who appeared to be quite content in her "shoes", she would understand the sentiment. "Sometimes the place does not live up to the name. Or... it once has, but then the magic disappears and the shell remains," she added. 

Then Egeria shared her story and Dwin could easily imagine, what it had been like to her. Because she too - fairly often now felt stuck and bogged down. And every time an idea occurred that maybe in a month she could finally go, something would happen and she would no longer be able to do it. Postpone it to the next month until infinity. "Did they want you to marry for alliances and you were in love with someone else?" she guessed, basing this statement of all the familiar fairy-tale and romance novel tropes there are. "Or was it - you disgraced us and we disown you - kind of scenario?" If it was any of the two plots, Dwin would gain proof that not all stories were made up and unrealistic. 
Messages In This Thread
Change is Coming. - by Egeria - October 17, 2023, 09:39 AM
RE: Change is Coming. - by Ceridwen - October 21, 2023, 03:03 PM
RE: Change is Coming. - by Egeria - October 23, 2023, 02:42 PM
RE: Change is Coming. - by Ceridwen - October 24, 2023, 02:05 PM
RE: Change is Coming. - by Egeria - October 30, 2023, 12:42 PM
RE: Change is Coming. - by Ceridwen - October 30, 2023, 03:15 PM
RE: Change is Coming. - by Egeria - November 07, 2023, 09:55 AM
RE: Change is Coming. - by Ceridwen - November 08, 2023, 03:11 PM