lose control to feel alive
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Confronting others had always been easy for Sumayl, who had learned to be loud from a young age if he ever wanted anyone to pay him any attention. He was the third born in a litter of four, and one of seven after the death of his parents and the alpha pair had taken him and his siblings in as foster children. Sumayl played rough and tough, and took charge because for mostly all of his life he'd had too if he didn't want to be utterly forgotten in the long run; and Sumayl was not the type of wolf that one simply ignored. In a psychological break down of his personality he was the way he was because he wanted to be remembered, he wanted attention. To be forgotten would be...devastating; and if any time in his life he would have allowed anyone to forget him he understood that it wouldn't have been on purpose. Seven little ones was a lot to handle for anyone. Luckily, for Sumayl's pride he'd never allowed anyone to forget him in the crowd. His behavior had often painted him as the oldest, viciously vying to be the most dominant against his siblings, establishing the puppy hierarchy without mercy. He was the youngest boy but that didn't mean anything in the terms of being acknowledged as such.

Sumayl's golden eyes rested on the Beta male when Jace spoke, inquiring as to his assumption that Sumayl didn't like him much. For a long stretch of a moment Sumayl was silent, contemplating the way that he could word it. In a way, Sumayl felt that by not liking Jace he lessened any sort of plausible chances he may (or may not have) had with Vienna as a friend ...and if Sumayl was being entirely honest, maybe something more than a friend. There was nothing quite like feeling that you needed someone else's approval, and in the case, if Sumayl decided to pursue his attraction to Jace's sister, seeing if it could be something more than fleeting attraction, there was little doubt that Jace's approval or disapproval might strongly influence ...everything. It wasn't like Sumayl could go over his head to their father, either, if, theoretically (at this point) he decided to take a chance on it. “I don't you enough to know if I like, or don't like you,” Sumayl spoke, breaking his silence, speaking honestly. Sumayl was nothing if not logical and he didn't usually base his ultimate opinions of others off of first impression alone, for the most part.

“By not growling at me for it, and for not leaving me with the impression that if I swear in front of your sister again you're going to eat my face off,” Jace had asked, and Sumayl assumed that it meant he could speak freely. Even if it cost him. Earning a demotion so soon after joining the pack wasn't, exactly, ideal but it wasn't like he couldn't earn his way back up, even if demoting Sumayl for discussing his concerns with Jace regarding Jace would have been seen as petty. And a petty leader didn't have what it took to make a good leader. “I have sisters and I get it. You want to keep Vienna safe, but you can't protect her from the world,” Sumayl hedged forth carefully, choosing his words carefully. “She's a fully grown woman,” A fact that Sumayl had no issue appreciating. “And I get that I'm the kind of guy that you really don't want your sister around,” Sumayl would probably have a heart attack if a guy like him was sniffing around one of his sisters, which made him sound really hypocritical. Figuring he probably criticized Jace enough to get his ass booted from the pack, Sumayl fell silent.

Messages In This Thread
lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - October 16, 2014, 10:52 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - October 17, 2014, 08:04 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - October 17, 2014, 09:09 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - October 19, 2014, 06:13 PM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - October 22, 2014, 07:43 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - October 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - October 30, 2014, 07:20 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - October 31, 2014, 09:29 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - November 01, 2014, 09:40 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Jace - November 05, 2014, 10:56 AM
RE: lose control to feel alive - by Sumayl - November 08, 2014, 09:41 AM