Moonsong Glacier Fending for His Life and Fleeing From His Past
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
541 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
"It is important even here," Dutch replied without reproof. A betrayal like the one that Hototo described was more than enough to break those ties, in the chief's opinion.

He lead Hototo to their common place, his gait just a little stiff-legged. He read overconfidence in the other man's posture, and something that bordered on disrespect. Another time, he might have showed his teeth about such a thing, but he thought Hototo had gone through quite enough for the time being.

"You will rest near our common place once you've filled your belly," he said while they walked. "You make take two more meals before I will expect you to contribute. Find me or our sunset man. He does not speak, but he will hunt with you. If you can save the pelt, you may bring it to Eira, who has taken charge of preserving them. You might also seek out our doctor, Leith — a fair hunter himself."

He chatted a little more, naming the "shadow girl" that had first met him Sulukinak, and a third woman — a newcomer — Nephele. "She seeks a man," he said of her, his tone and phrasing, perhaps, a little ambiguous. "There is also Aditya, my father. He is a kind man. And there is Simbelmyne, a great beauty from far-off lands. She is entertaining suitors. You may seek to win her love yourself, of course — but if you do not, please spread word of her if you meet any good men."

Finally, they were in the heart of the village, the "common place". There were bones from many kills, and a half-frozen section of a half-eaten deer.

"There will be fresh meat later on," he said to Hototo. "For now, you are welcome to eat your fill of this."
Messages In This Thread
Fending for His Life and Fleeing From His Past - by Hototo - January 29, 2024, 12:21 PM
RE: Fending for His Life and Fleeing From His Past - by Dutch - February 02, 2024, 07:47 PM