Swiftcurrent Creek fresh out the slammer
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
963 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He wasn’t far from her call when it echoed across the creek—and while his paws were quick, it was his heart that was the most rapid. The days had passed—and sure enough, he knew, she would return without her heat, having ensured she stayed from him the entirety of the time since that morning.

He had asked her a question, and had received her anger and the flash of her fangs and jaws in response. Now, she called to him as if she were a visitor upon their borders—a stranger.

And when she came to view—well groomed, and the wolfish version of a suitcase packed in finality, he realized that just maybe… Just maybe she was a stranger to him.

What concern and warmth he might have greeted her with in one moment shifted to confusion—and then a carefully placed stoical mask.

There was a lot to be said in this moment—‘where have you been? Are you hurt? Why does it look like you’re leaving? Why did you run out on your pack and leave everyone to worry?’

Instead, he lifted his head—eyes sweeping over her immaculately groomed self. “So, what… You’re just giving up and leaving?”

'I want a happy family, Akavir … a husband, children—all of it. We’ve both made sacrifices for this, whatever this was, to get to where we are now. I can’t just throw that away because I want something. We’ve put time and effort and love into this, and I can’t give it up that easily. I won’t.'

He had believed those words. Now, they just rang hollow.

She hadn't even given him a chance to full on say no to having children with her.
Messages In This Thread
fresh out the slammer - by Eshe - February 13, 2024, 05:47 PM
RE: fresh out the slammer - by Akavir - February 13, 2024, 09:08 PM
RE: fresh out the slammer - by Eshe - February 14, 2024, 08:59 AM
RE: fresh out the slammer - by Akavir - February 14, 2024, 03:25 PM
RE: fresh out the slammer - by Eshe - February 14, 2024, 04:26 PM
RE: fresh out the slammer - by Akavir - February 14, 2024, 04:40 PM