Hushed Willows We crumble and fall, but we don’t break
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
A name is only just that, isn’t it? It was not something that she had ever pondered over, though she never really needed to before. In her world, it was bonds that made a family. A name is just an identifier, nothing more than a connecting word that anyone can claim. 

Bonds are different, intangible ties between souls. A close friend can be considered family, yet surnames do not match. That doesn’t make them any less family than those who are blood-related, sometimes they can even be more.

“I don’t see surnames as very important; it is what ties people together that makes them family. It is different for everyone, of course. But if you want them to be Mayfairs, then that is what they shall be.” She paused a moment, an interesting concept coming to mind. “Have you ever considered creating your own surname? One that you could all adopt. Think of it as a fresh slate. Or, maybe, something as a tribute to Boone?”

She had hoped it wasn’t an insensitive idea, it was still so very soon after finding their Harbinger missing.

It was something that she had considered before—a new slate. A new name, even just a new surname. One that she could claim for herself, to move on from the past.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
We crumble and fall, but we don’t break - by Reina - February 29, 2024, 07:23 PM
RE: We crumble and fall, but we don’t break - by Reverie - February 29, 2024, 08:49 PM
RE: We crumble and fall, but we don’t break - by Reina - March 04, 2024, 06:30 PM