Noctisardor Bypass [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
695 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
There was so much amiss within Rivenwood and Druid herself right now, though she felt calm as Heda tended to her. Her two-toned gaze was filled with gratitude when her sister brought her food and drink. She was surprised to note she was hungry, despite the rhythmic cramps that played precursor to the contractions to come.

I can’t either, Druid said, voice soft as she reached for one of Heda’s paws, clasping her own overtop it. That goes for yours as well. Is labor contagious? I wouldn’t mind giving birth together, she mused with a raspy laugh.

Loud footsteps heralded the arrival of Glaukos. Druid’s withered frame went stiff. Before she realized what she was doing, she shoved shakily to her feet and appeared in the den’s mouth, teeth bared in a ferocious snarl. Every fur on her body stood on end.

Get away from here, she hissed, compelled by instinct but, in this moment, weary of his nonchalance toward their children. Druid relented only slightly to add, I don’t want anybody near me right now, in the hopes he would read between the lines and guard the area, preventing anyone else from approaching the whelping den.

With a quiet huff, she retreated back inside and nosed Heda, grateful for her presence, reassured and reassuring.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
[m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Druid - March 18, 2024, 09:14 AM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 18, 2024, 12:25 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 18, 2024, 01:59 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Druid - March 18, 2024, 02:16 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 18, 2024, 03:06 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 18, 2024, 04:57 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 20, 2024, 07:30 PM