Noctisardor Bypass [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
695 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid listened in silence, a small knit between her brows turning quickly into a deep frown as Heda detailed the events of the previous altercation. She knew Glaukos only wanted to help her, though that did not pardon his treatment of Etienne. Why had he even felt the need to go to such lengths, when the healer was all too willing to help both women?

It baffled her. Heda made a dismissive comment about men and Druid scowled blackly, particularly as a cramp—more of a true contraction, this time—shocked the breath from her lungs. It wasn’t like her to pull faces or mutter curses, though she did both until her womb momentarily unclenched.

That was all so unnecessary, she hissed between her teeth, shaking her head. Men, indeed, she added with a lot less humor than her sister. Of course we’ll welcome them both. And if Glaukos ever wants to come anywhere near me or his children again, he’ll apologize to Etienne.

For a split second, she considered calling for him now. Where was he? Was he within earshot? How much would it rankle Glaukos if she requested Etienne’s presence over his? But Druid was not a spiteful creature, even in these worst of times. She let out an exasperated breath instead.

We’ll deal with all of it after they come, she said decisively, more to herself than Heda now. Right now, I just need to…

Get in the zone, she mused silently, letting out a scoffing laugh through her nose. Truly, though, Druid wanted to put everything else aside for now and focus on the task at hand. “Just breathe,” she replayed Heda’s sage, sisterly advice, her eyes slipping closed as she did just that for a while.

We can fade here if you like! Thank you SO much for spreeing this today.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
[m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Druid - March 18, 2024, 09:14 AM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 18, 2024, 12:25 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 18, 2024, 01:59 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 18, 2024, 03:06 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 18, 2024, 04:57 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Druid - March 18, 2024, 06:48 PM
RE: [m]istletoe has moved into the lampshades - by Heda - March 20, 2024, 07:30 PM