The Sentinels Weep
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
50 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
@Malakai sorry for taking so long and holding both our boys up!!!

As his humming lapsed into a quiet hymn, attached to memories washed out by the sea, he spotted a quiet place along the riverbed. Patted down by generations of fishers (or maybe just by the deer or snow melt), and perfect to skip between the low branches and wild grass to reach the river's edge.

But he did not make it. 

Ears perked and stood tall. He turned with the vigor of an ocean gale, seafoam eyes wide and dumbstruck smile even bigger.

Kai! How - when - where! Did it matter? He had covered all the ground that remained between them in the time it took him to firm even three words of thought and with outstretched arms he sought to tackle his brother - his smirking brother! - in a rough embrace.

I have a feeling the only curse is that you have to see mine again, too! he laughed, having forgot his fishing and his quiet songs. Praise God! I can't believe I found you - I thought I'd lost you. Turns out, I'm dirt poor at navigating between the Isle and mom, but hey, hold up, and he finally pull back now, a confused smile still plastered on his face, why aren't you on the isle?
Messages In This Thread
Weep - by Nakano - February 13, 2024, 04:19 PM
RE: Weep - by Malakai - February 16, 2024, 09:18 PM
RE: Weep - by Simeon - February 24, 2024, 12:25 PM
RE: Weep - by Malakai - March 04, 2024, 07:45 PM
RE: Weep - by Simeon - March 29, 2024, 05:51 PM
RE: Weep - by Nakano - March 30, 2024, 12:49 AM
RE: Weep - by Malakai - March 30, 2024, 09:20 PM