WF question (activity & gestation)
Wild Fauna
43 Posts
Ooc — --
Sweet! My main thought clusters are:

1. Gestation duration: Should there be leniency for WF regarding activity throughout their pregnancy depending on how long their gestation period is? For wolves, we have a two-week activity requirement, and their total gestation is two months. Obviously, the two-week activity would apply to all characters but I propose a “forgiveness” should a pregnant WF fall inactive during their pregnancy PROVIDING that their pregnancy is longer than that of a wolf. 

Some options might be as such:

A. The WF may fall inactive periodically (with no limit) throughout their pregnancy so long as it is 2 months or more, but in the FINAL two months of pregnancy, they must be active with no drops whatsoever. Two small thoughts:
——i. The character may go off-site for a number of months, but must return for the last two months of pregnancy (with no activity drops) if they want the baby to be born on-site.
——ii. The character must remain on-site for the duration of their pregnancy. Drops in activity are permitted up until the last two months of pregnancy without repercussions, but the character must not be inactive for more than X amount of days before being reactivated.
—iii. If the character falls inactive in the last two months they must stay off-site until the baby is born, at which point they can return with the baby in tow.

B. WF may fall inactive during their pregnancy without repercussions but they will only be given one “forgiveness”  for every two months of their pregnancy term. (I.E: an animal with a 10 month pregnancy must not fall inactive more than 5 times in that period.)

C. “forgiveness” would be given on a tiered system. For 2 months, there is no forgiveness and the mother must either lose the pregnancy or go off site and give birth there. Perhaps same rules for 3 months, but when we hit 4 months maybe there is one forgiveness. If a gestation is 7 months or more, then they get two forgivenesses. If their pregnancy is 10 months or more, then they get 3 forgivenesses.
—i. Forgiveness is given even if a character falls inactive in the last 2 months of pregnancy.
—ii. Characters must not fall inactive during the last two months of their pregnancy. 

C. WF must adhere to the WOLF guidelines and may not fall inactive during their gestation regardless of how long it is. (Currently the rule in place)

Also as a topic:

2. Wild Fauna Conception
Sometimes you are playing the only WF of a certain species on WOLF which by current guidelines means no babies unless another character is made for reproduction. This doesn’t happen very often but we could discuss:

A. Allow WF to become pregnant through the use of NPCs
B. Allow WF to come to the site, pregnant, but must have at least 2 months remaining in their pregnancy. Pregnancy activity guidelines apply. 

All thoughts and comments welcome! I know this is a WOLF roleplaying site but it’d be cool to discuss some nifty options for WF so we might see more of them around, and maybe they’d stay around longer plus BABY WF are adorable. ?
Messages In This Thread
WF question (activity & gestation) - by Fancy - March 24, 2024, 05:36 PM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Towhee - March 26, 2024, 08:28 PM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Fancy - April 01, 2024, 10:32 AM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Selenia - April 01, 2024, 10:35 AM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Val - April 03, 2024, 08:56 AM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Fancy - April 03, 2024, 09:50 AM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Val - April 03, 2024, 10:06 AM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Towhee - April 03, 2024, 10:23 AM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Fancy - April 03, 2024, 10:34 AM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Swift - April 03, 2024, 01:12 PM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Talamasca - April 03, 2024, 01:38 PM
RE: WF question (activity & gestation) - by Kheviel - April 03, 2024, 11:55 PM